cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile error!

ltbrenton
Dabbler

Profile error!

Sup, had fibre installed two days ago, worked great when first installed but after my line went down and I reconnected, I've been capped to 4.6mbps down, with full upload still available... Some other folks on the forums here have said that I need my profile fixing, anyone around to do that?

Thanks in advance 😛
11 REPLIES 11
Aled
Dabbler

Re: Profile error!

'Sup!
I've updated the speed profile for you on our side as your line is testing at 80mbps synch - which is smashing. If you haven't got a faster speed already, you'll just need to reset the connection.
The speed cap was caused by an update from your exchange though, probably due to errors on the line, so there's likely an underlying issue we need to look at. I can see that you've raised a fault through the website so I'd definitely monitor the line for now and let them run some more tests later in the week.
Cheers,
Aled
davidoneman
Dabbler

im in the same boat , i got my line profile changed and speed went upto 33meg but day after back down to around 10 meg ,  Embarrassed , ive got to have a direct connection from open reach modem to pc for 24 hours
davidoneman
Dabbler

can you check my line profile
ltbrenton
Dabbler

Running much better now Cheesy I guess this means I can finally get off the telephone queue Wink May I suggest some Pink Floyd be added to the playlist incidentally?
Aled
Dabbler

Glad to hear it ltbrenton!
If you can arrange for Pink Floyd to be Sheffield based that I can definitely get that done for you  Wink
davidoneman - your connection seems to be a similar story so I've bumped the connection profile up to 40mbps given that your synch is OK. Again, just reset the connection if you haven't seen a bump up already.
You've also got a fault ticket open so I'd monitor for now and let the Faults Team have a look later in the week.
Cheers,
Aled
davidoneman
Dabbler

just check in a day or 2  , same happened to me they changed profile and great but 2 days later back to low speed
ltbrenton
Dabbler

Got a new problem rearing its head, connection can't seem to stay up for more than 30 minutes at a time - speeds are fine when it's up, but it drops randomly for about 10 minutes in every 30... Incredibly annoying to say the least -_-
ltbrenton
Dabbler

Update: Bizarrely, when it craps out, literally the only thing that still works is Skype IM. Everything else on the network is inoperable - HTTP, pings, everything. Perhaps it's having trouble making new connections?
davidoneman
Dabbler

i think it could be a plusnet thing , my speed is still only 11 meg but my profile says 40meg , do i need to restart the openbox ?
ltbrenton
Dabbler

All's good, the mysterious drops were identified as Windows 7 finally throwing its toys out of the pram after the previous speed issues. A reboot fixed it Tongue
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for letting us know lbrenton!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team