cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile check please

feelthesteele

Profile check please

I'm currently on hold on the phone (49 minutes and counting) so thought I'd start a topic here in case it was quicker (!) Online chat is now closed.
We had fibre installed today, but despite being able to apparently get over 40MB download, we are currently on only 2.54MB down and 7MB up speeds after activation.
Reading a lot of topics, I suspect that we are still on our old ADSL profile speeds. Logging into my member centre it reads:
Estimated line speed:
    There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed:
    2.7 Mb

Can someone take a look for me ASAP, please? I need to send a large video file overseas in the next few hours and can't currently do anything until this is resolved.
Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Profile check please

Your account hasn't been changed over to a fibre one after the house move.
Leave it with me.
[EDIT]
Should be sorted now. Can you retest?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
feelthesteele

Hi Matthew, I think I'm speaking to you on Twitter about this right now, thanks for the reply. I'm not at home at the moment so can't check until later but thanks for the response, will keep you posted on whether speed has improved.
FYI this is a problem I only discovered from reading similar posts on the forums, tech support were no help and thought my router was faulty instead (it isn't). This seems to be a widespread problem of accounts not being switched over, I don't really expect to have to figure out my account and connection problems myself!
Also, I appreciate your response here and on Twitter but 1hr 20mins on hold last night to a rep, only to confirm it's a problem I discovered myself by reading the forum, is an absolute disgrace!
feelthesteele

Update: I have just got home and run a speed test.  Results are 37.94 Mbps download and 11.16Mbps upload. That's more like it!
I'll keep an eye on the speeds over the next few days. Thanks for your help, Matthew - shame it has taken so long to get us up and running! Very disappointing service all round but I appreciate your swift response today.
By the way, the tech guy I spoke to last night said he would send us out a new router on Monday as he mistakenly thought the problem was a faulty one. Can you put a note on the account so that this new router doesn't get sent out to us, please? Cheers.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it's finally sorted.
I've made sure you don't get a new router.
Really sorry for any inconvenience caused.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team