Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile bump please

dfunked
Grafter

Re: Profile bump please

Cheers @Gandalf 

Still the same kind of results I'm afraid - 66Mb/s is the absolute max no matter what I test from.

Afraid that I have very limited understanding of retransmission, but the fact is I've received 74Mb/s+ speeds in the past, so something must've changed to force my speeds down like this... See attached for example - fairly outdated as I haven't bothered logging in for years seeing as I was getting the same speed fairly consistently up until last year.

Appreciate that it's not a huge difference, but for someone who was used to downloading from Steam at 9MB/s, it's pretty noticable when it now struggles to hit 8MB/s.

I guess if an engineer visit is needed then go ahead with it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @dfunked 

I've raised this to our suppliers to investigate further, but my gut feeling says that your throughput is fine for a sync speed of 76mbps with retransmission high enabled on the line. Retransmission high takes around 90% of the sync speed away which would give a bRAS/IP profile rate of around 68mbps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dfunked
Grafter

@Gandalf - still the same thing unfortunately. This is less than my guaranteed speed of 70.9, so something needs to be done here otherwise I'll be leaving next month.

Kevin's post here seems interesting... I've enabled and disabled the static IP addon a few times in the past, and the last time probably lines up with when I started having these issues. It's currently not enabled and I've moved away from my previous static IP.

https//community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-80-20-speed-expectations/m-p/1696528#M105233

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Your static IP shouldn't be affecting this at all because it has no affect on the bRAS profile. It will only have an affect if it's set below that.

If your speeds are below your minimum guaranteed I think it'd be a good idea to arrange an engineer to investigate further. 

[edit]
I'll arrange this with you when I'm in the office on Monday. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dfunked
Grafter

Cheers @Gandalf 

For what it's worth my line is now syncing at 80Mb/s after it's had a chance to settle, but still getting limited to exactly 66Mb/s on any speedtest that I run.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @dfunked this appears to be a profiling issue and would need an engineer to investigate further with the right team. Could you reply to your ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=198348685 with some availability when you'll be free for an engineer to visit?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet