Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Stuck

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Profile Stuck

Hello, I will leave it for a couple of days but I must point out that I do not have any extensions, I simply have the cable coming into the house directly to the main socket, on that I have my home phone and the lead directly to the router, I think this line has been checked quite a bit and the last time was I think Dec 7th, he fitted new openreach main socket.
The line has been most of the time fine bubecause of electrical problems where live the router was on and off several times hence drop in my Profile, the other chap who answered my question said it needed setting and did tests and found I should be getting between 77 to 80 Mbps. The problem last night I put down to the profile being reset.
I have been with Plusnet about 13 yrs and I'm fast becoming disheartened with Plusnet.
Jono
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Jono, I'm really sorry for the issues you're having with your connection.

I can see your line has been reset as it's in sync at a higher speed now. It may be coincidence but I suspect the drops are caused by the higher speed your line is now pushing to your router which in turn seems to suggest the issue is with wherever your router was plugged into before.

For reference, I've attached below the test results before you plugged your router into the test socket:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID: N/A Service ID: [redacted]

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1625
Description Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network. Please continue to submit a trouble report
Main Fault Location CE
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 70.8 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required Y
Fault Target Fix Time  
Fault Report Advised Y
Estimated Line Length In Metres 214.9
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap  
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-74M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-07-02T12:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 73.9 Mbps 74.0 Mbps 74.0 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 19.9 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 19.9 Mbps
Up Time 2.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 885.2 Sec
Retrains 0.0 12.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2021-07-15T10:37:35Z 2021-07-15T10:52:35Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

With the following message:

Problem Explanation: [ OD508 ] A potential high resistance fault identified at or near to the end user premises. Access may be required to resolve the problem. Resolution / Recommendation: Please report fault to BTW for OR investigation.

And these are the results after:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID [redacted]

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 77.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-74M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-07-02T17:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate -1 Mbps -1 Mbps -1 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate -1 Mbps -1 Mbps -1 Mbps
Up Time -1 Sec -1 Sec -1 Sec
Retrains -1 -1 -1
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2021-07-15T15:52:36Z 2021-07-15T16:07:36Z
Ingress Code Violation 5 2
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

As per @TheMightyAJ I'd recommend keeping your router where it is for now and let's see if you have further issues.

If you do, could you report a fault to us at faults.plus.net and in the notes box at the end, please give us your availability for an engineer visit should we need to arrange one. The available timeslots are 8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm.

This means we'll be able to arrange an engineer straight away if we need to. Once you've raised the fault, if you can post back we'll make sure that's picked up for you as soon as we can.

If there are no further issues with your router in the test socket, try moving your router back to where it was, and you'll be able to see if the problem returns or if your line remains stable at a good speed.

Let us know how it goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi,
I'm going to leave my router plugged into the main test socket for a good 10 days if that's OK, I've checked in my router and it appears to be syncing at just over 77 down. I don't want to start messing with the front of my socket and disconecting my line before doing what you suggested I.E returning to normal position.
Regards
Jono
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @jono

Keep us posted with how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hello, I have left the router plugged into the test socket for 9 days then refitted face plate and have decided to leave it right next to main socket, My profile as far as I can is about 74mbs and 20 Mbps up, I have today tested my speeds via BT Wholesale, results are nearly 71mbps down and over 20 Mbps up, I kept a copy of test if you want it.
I was told earlier on that my profile would be reset bearing in mind that someone did a test and this is that section of message.

BT's availability checker does show that the line should ideally be achieving speeds between 77.7 - 80Mbps (impacted).
Will my profile be set higher at some point, clarity would be appreciated.
Regards
Jono

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @jono,

Thanks for getting back to us. In regards to the line performance and profile, these are subject to fluctuate over time, meaning that they may increase or decrease within the estimated speed range. Everything appears to be fine and as we'd expect for the moment, however if you do notice any issues then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to assist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team