Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Stuck

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Profile Stuck

Hello to all,
How to get my profile reset, mine dropped 4 weeks ago from 78 mbps to 71.2 mbps and hasn't budged since. I phoned help line but no luck it's slightly above min guaranteed 67mbps and I'm getting 67 to 68.
Thanks
jono
20 REPLIES 20
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Profile Stuck

Good morning @jono

thanks a lot for reaching out. I've tested the line from our end and can see that it's achieving a sync speed of 74Mbps. While this is above your MGS, BT's availability checker does show that the line should ideally be achieving speeds between 77.7 - 80Mbps (impacted).

You're right, looks like the line has been banded, we've raised this matter with our suppliers and hope to have the issue resolved within the next 3 working days or so. Give us a shout in a week's time if your speeds have not improved.

Current Profile - Downstream: 0.128M-74M with Retransmission (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi, Thanks Adam945 for prompt reply, live about 10 houses away from Exchange and allways enjoyed very good quality speeds.
will do what you suggested and let you know what happens.
Regards
Jono
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Great stuff Smiley

If you have any further queries in the meantime, please feel free to reach out.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi Adam945, I have a small question, when they have done what they doing should I reboot my Router?
No changeyet but youdid say 3 working days,.
Regards
Jono
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Jono, 

You shouldn't need to reboot your router as the reset should drop the connection automatically once it's gone through.

I've just checked this and I can't see the request on the 'reset tracker' we use. Adam messaged me to add it on at the time and I definitely recall doing it, so I'm not sure what's happened here.

We've put the request back on for a reset though, so you should hopefully see a change by the end of the week. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi, Got that Gandalf thanks for getting back to me, didn't want to mess things up rebooting router if it's not necessary.
regards
Jono
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem @jono

Let us know how it goes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi, dont know what happened yesterday evening but connection kept dropping then settled down, left it overnight thinking reset was culpret but speed has dropped, checked my account details and found that the line speed has dropped even further
Current Line Speed (Download): 68.2Mbps
From 71.2Mbps
Regards
Jono
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @jono,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. I've tested the line this morning and we're now seeing a potential line fault, which based on your description must have occurred overnight. Is there anything that happened in your area last night that could have been the catalyst for this? Regardless, before we proceed further at this stage, I'd like to ask you to set the router up in the test socket in the property to see if this stabilizes the line. For reference, we have a guide on this here. Please let us know how you get on and we'll be happy to pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hello, I will do that and let you know what happens but before I do I only have bt socket into property which was checked out several months ago with new socket fitted and I only have one cable leading up to my Router.
The line has been ok but my profile was stuck.
I dont know of any problems in area, there is only twenty houses and exchange at end of street, could be something happened in Exchange but I'm only guessing.
I'll try to test it this afternoon
Regards
Jono
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi, Forgot to say Adam said my line had been banded hence profile reset, thought I wood mention, I dont know exactly how these messages are picked up and if you get background to it.
Jono
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @jono,

Not to worry, just let us know how you get on with the testing and we'll be happy to pick this back up for review once we've heard back from you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi, I've brought my router down into living room and plugged into test socket done initial test and still low but I'm leaving into test socket if there is any tests you want to do.
Regards
Jono
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @jono. I've run further tests on your line this afternoon and it's come back with no underlying fault conditions, suggesting that whatever changes have been made have addressed the issue. If you had the router setup in an extension socket somewhere in the property then this narrows things down a fair bit, though there are still a few potential causes. First and foremost, I'd suggest keeping the router in the test socket for another few days before making any further changes, just to be sure that it's not random chance that has caused our test results this afternoon to have improved over the ones from this morning. If it seems to remain fine, I'd suggest replacing the master socket faceplate as this is the most likely (and most easily fixed) component to have become faulty. Feel free to test the router in the same extension socket as before from this point onwards, however please be aware that we cannot guarantee a minimum speed or level of connectivity whilst the router's plugged into an extension socket.

Beyond this, it's possible the internal wiring in the property has deteriorated over time, leading to these more noticeable changes in quality. I'm afraid that we're unable to assist or provide a resolution for internal wiring faults in the property, however there's plenty of people on the forums and across the wider internet who may be able to advise on how to best approach fixing the wiring, if that's what you intend to do.

I hope this has helped, but I know I've written a lot down here so if you have any further queries then please don't hesitate to drop us another message and we'll be happy to assist. Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team