cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change complete to Unlimited Fibre Extra, no change in speed or line profile

glide
Dabbler

Product change complete to Unlimited Fibre Extra, no change in speed or line profile

Hi, I requested a product change from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra on Friday, got email to say it completed early this morning (Monday).

Unfortunately download and upload speeds are the same as previously and having use the BT Wholesale checker tool it looks like my line profile is still 20/40 (I think thats the right way to describe it?).

Does the line profile and actual improvements take longer after the product change has been completed? 

Thanks for any answers!

7 REPLIES 7
glide
Dabbler

Re: Product change complete to Unlimited Fibre Extra, no change in speed or line profile

Just to add, my HubOne displays the following in the connection tab:

Downstream: 34.99 Mbps
Upstream: 2 Mbps

Don't really want to restart it in case this registers as a fault on BT equipment, but is it worth disconnect/reconnecting?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Product change complete to Unlimited Fibre Extra, no change in speed or line profile

From those figures it looks like you haven't been upgraded, not sure what you mean by the BT wholesale checker results. It wouldn't do any harm to try a single disconnect/reconnect but I don't think it will make any difference. You need to contact support to check if the upgrade order completed.

glide
Dabbler

Thanks, I'll do that.

I meant this: The BT Wholesale speedchecker 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

It does appear that your line is on the correct wholesale product, however there's a fault causing the issues. I can see an engineer is arranged, hopefully they'll resolve this for you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
glide
Dabbler

Hi Chris, support arranged a visit this morning to investigate the fault.
Many thanks for your reply.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems, let us know how it goes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
glide
Dabbler

Thought I'd post an update after the OR engineer visit.

On time, friendly and professional he phoned ahead of visiting and spent a while explaining the various tests he would do and to understand the problem.

He found a couple of errors on the line and opened up the local distribution point to take some measurements, here is where one of the wires I was connected to literally came off in his hand. Onto a new pair and he checked the next distribution point for speed as well as putting on a mk5 master faceplate.

The final outcome is speed of a smidge over 40mbps down and 7.6 up - this is a big improvement over the 31down and 2up I had before. Its a pity we're not a little closer to the 76mbps I'm paying for but overall I'll take where we've got to for now and see if it improves a little bit over the coming days.

PS Tea and biscuits a massive help.