cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change complete 14/09/17 but only 1mbp as before. Help please!

Altezza
Hooked

Product change complete 14/09/17 but only 1mbp as before. Help please!

Hello,

Can someone give me some help please. My upgrade to fibre broadband apparently happened today, I had an email at 1:30 this morning.

However, I am still getting 1mbps as before. I rang Plusnet and apparently I must wait 10 days before they can log a fault, so must wait and see if it increases. My question is, I have been checking the BT Wholesale website all week and there was no work scheduled on my telephone number, so is it possible to be upgraded without an engineer switching me over? It is a new build but fibre has only been recently installed!

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Altezza

18 REPLIES 18
Altezza
Hooked

Re: Product change complete 14/09/17 but only 1mbp as before. Help please!

Also; the BT line checker tells me I am getting the correct speed between 0.4-1mbps.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Doesn't sound like good information from support?  There is no 10 day 'training' on fibre.  So, most likely one of two common problems

• Despite the email the upgrade is not yet complete
  • The upgrade is completed and it just needs a bit of Admin to activate it.

Hopefully the helpful @Gandalf will be along soon.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi if your still getting 1Mb then it's most likely that your not fibre enabled the 10 day rule does not apply to fibre it goes as fast as the line can go from the moment it's enabled, also work must be done by an engineer at the cab they no longer need to go to your property though, I would get back to support and request someone take a proper look, or hopefully one of the Plusnet help team will see this and sort it out for you. 

on a side note I really wish someone would have a serious word with Support about spouting the 10 day rule rubbish it really is annoying to see new members wasting needless time, it's not like this is something new that Support wouldn't have a clue about.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It's rubbish about having to wait 10 days to report a fault.

However you can check by logging on to your router and going to the Help Desk tab, and copying the details on here, making sure you obscure sensitive information such as your username, password and SSID.

Although the engineer does not need to visit your premises, they do have to do some patching at your nearest green cabinet.

You won't be the first one on here who has had the email but the upgrade does not follow on the same day.

Altezza
Hooked

Thank you all for your replies, it is very much appreciated and nice to know people are around who are helpful on this forum.

Hi Mustrum,

Here are the details from my help tab

1. Product Name:
2. Serial number:  
3. Firmware version:
4. Board version:
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 01:28:55
6. Data Rate: 411 / 1102
7. Maximum Data Rate: 420 / 1252
8. Noise Margin: 6.1 / 6.0
9. Line Attenuation: 43.2 / 63.0
10. Signal Attenuation: 43.5 / 65.8
11. Data sent/received: 21.2 MB / 396.2 MB
12. Broadband username: xxxxxx@plusdsl.net
13. BT Wi-fi: No
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID:  
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA & WPA2 (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID:  
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 n (up to 300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only
21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: d4:63:fe:b0:06:cd
24. VPI/VCI: 0/38
25. Modulation: G.992.3(ADSL2)
26. Latency type: Interleaved
27. Software variant: -
28. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Wed Nov 12 11:47:59 2014)

Thanks

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Yep as we thought your are not fibre enabled as stated in the stats you posted

section 25 Modulation  G.992.3 (ADSL2) How Support can't see that is beyond me they really need to get some specsaver support for them it seems

As i said in my previous post you can go back to support and request they take a proper look or wait for Plusnet help in the forum

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hello Altezza

Sorry about the advice you were given today over the phone.

The fibre order we've placed was basically rejected by our suppliers, because of a Conflicting open order on their systems and in this instance and no ticket was automatically raised on your account for us to further investigate.

I've got in touch with BTwholesale just now and they've advised me that there are no other open orders on their systems so it appears to have since been resolved so I've replaced your fibre order now and we'll keep you updated.

They've also raised a task with Openreach to check their systems just in case this order fails too.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

You have not yet been upgraded to fibre - see 25.This line :- Modulation:G.992.3(ADSL2)

Why are customer support so hopeless that they can't tell you if the upgrade order has completed and fob you off with the 10 day settling time nonsense. I always thought that it is an excuse to stall the customer so they keep quiet for the 10 days. I suggest you complain loudly through all the support routes available.Angry 

Edit - looks like its the usual PlusNet/BT ordering system debacle, nothing seems to go through without a problem somewhere.

Altezza
Hooked

Hello Gandalf,

Thank you for your reply and fast response. I await your update.

There are some helpful people on this forum 🙂

Kind regards

Altezza

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

I always thought that it is an excuse to stall the customer so they keep quiet for the 10 days. 

Or...could it be to eat into the 'cooling off' period? This is a favourite trick of TalkTalk.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

No, PlusNet never manage to get the service activated within the 14 days from placing the order so the cooling off period is irrelevant.Grin 

Altezza
Hooked

Thank for your reply RealAleMadrid, lets see how quickly this is resolved first. It's difficult to hide when giving bad advice, with the internet. 🙂

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

No, PlusNet never manage to get the service activated within the 14 days from placing the order so the cooling off period is irrelevant.Grin 

Is that fully in their control though?

There was a recent thread where the earliest Plusnet could install was 2nd October (ish) yet BT were able to offer an installation date around 14th September.

Level playing field my backside!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Our suppliers got back to us earlier, advising that there was an open order on the Openreach systems which was getting in the way of modifying your service to fibre which resulted in the order I placed to be cancelled also.

The erroneous order has been removed and I've now replaced your fibre order.

Fingers crossed this time.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet