cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Upgrade

brendonward

Product Upgrade

After 14 months of getting 16Mb my line fault was finally found and my speed went up to the quoted 32Mb Smiley

I always thought my low upload speed of around 2Mb was due to the line fault but after that was fixed I then found out the Fibre is capped at 2Mb.

I do a alot of gaming and a bit of streaming and have tried to use 2Mb but it does not cut it while doing both, I looked into upgrading my product to either the 80/20 or 55/10 package, contacted plusnet about this but they refused to let me upgrade.

YES I am well aware I will not get higher DL speed that is fine, my sole purpose to upgrade is to get the lousy 2Mb upload cap raised.

Been willing to sign a new contract, (current one has 4 months left) it just seems pretty stupid that you will not let me upgrade. Sky and BT are both offering upto 10Mb upload on their low tier fibre products.

I am writing this as my last ditch effort (lol) to get something done with my upload speed.

9 REPLIES 9
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Product Upgrade

PlusNet in their wisdom, presumably some upper management decision will not let you upgrade to 80/20 if you can't get above 40Mb download estimate so you will have to go to a different ISP (not TalkTalk who also have 2Mb upload) to get a better upload speed. Seems crazy but that's the way it is.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

For users who can't get faster than 40 down but want more than 2 up Plusnet prefer you to find an alternative supplier.

There have been many requests to make the 55/10 package an available option which have always had a negative response (only users who were on the old 40/20 option get 55/10). It would be ideal for someone like you.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MikeBz
Rising Star

I keep wondering why PlusNet (and other providers) are dragging their feet so much with regard to offering the 55/10 product - maybe because for mainly-download users it renders 80/20 almost redundant thus reducing revenue.

For homeworkers the upload speed is as, or almost as, important as the download speed so 40/2 is useless and 55/10 is marginal.  BTO need to get a bit more with it and offer something like a 40/40.

brendonward

I guess my only option is to cancel and go with BT to gain a higher upload cap, would rather stay with Plusnet.It is what it is I guess Sad

ccarmock
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Classic case of the supplier ignoring it's customers and thinking that is good service!

brendonward

Seems so, I signed up to sky since the cap is at 10Mb Upload on their 38Mb Package, 8 Days left till the switch over Smiley

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

And so the madness continues! See the last but one section titled Fibre Product Range in this post.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
brendonward

Madness is correct, such a stupid practice Plusnet follow. I'm even paying £70 to plusnet to cancel my remaining 4 months lol. They really are outta touch with their customers.

ccarmock
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yup - they just are not listening to their customers are they?