Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change Unresolved/Left In The Dark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Product Change Unresolved/Left In The Dark

Hello,

I currently have a product change in progress. I ordered some time before christmas and decided to wait a bit because, well, it was christmas. It's been almost 3 weeks since then and the product change is still in progress and I was just wondering what the hold up is. It would be nice to get on fiber :).

1. Product name: Plusnet Hub
2. Serial number:  
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 Last updated 06/08/17
4. Board version: Plusnet Hub One
5. DSL uptime: 17 days, 06:45:18
6. Data rate: 1099 / 19829
7. Maximum data rate: 1164 / 20268
8. Noise margin: 8.8 / 1.4
9. Line attenuation: 7.7 / 19.7
10. Signal attenuation: 7.7 / 18.5
11. Data sent/received: 30.0 GB / 575.9 GB
12. Broadband username:  
13. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:  
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
17. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:  
18. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
19. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
20. 5 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
21. Firewall: Default
22. MAC Address: a4:08:f5:ae:fa:5c
23. VPI/VCI: 0 / 38
24. Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A
25. Latency type: Fast
26. Software variant: AA
27. Boot loader: 1.0.0

Regards,

Carinyc

11 REPLIES 11
Manny7860
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Product Change Unresolved/Left In The Dark

It could be that the fibre switch hasn't taken place yet via the fibre cab. Engineer availability die to festive new year period.

What does it state on the dsl checker when you input your landline number.
On The middle if the page it should say there is a open order on your line to complete by?
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker
Excellent!
Anonymous
Not applicable

See attached image. I don't know what I'm looking at?u78juy.jpg

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

There should be done text lines below that. There should be a line in the text that says ' there is an open order on this line , due to complete on ..... '

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Manny7860
Aspiring Pro

What misterw advised of you look further down the page when there is a paragraphs it texts
Should say there is a open order to complete should see a date?
Excellent!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok it now says

There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 11-Jan-2018.

I'll report back tomorrow evening and see if it resolves.

Manny7860
Aspiring Pro

Yes hopefully be done by tomorrow. You will lose connection for no more than half hour. If you notice this you will know the switch is in process. Good luck.
Excellent!
Manny7860
Aspiring Pro

Btw did you receive your hub one router?
Excellent!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already had the new one as my old one was faulty and I had it for quite some years, it was an old plusnet model.

Manny7860
Aspiring Pro

Alright that's good if you have the latest hub one. I had to restart my router when the fibre switch was done. Apparently the hub light was stuck on orange. Reboot sorted it.
Excellent!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @Anonymous and apologies for the lack of communication.

It looks like your fibre order is now complete. Let us know how it goes when your new router is setup and plugged in.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

****UPDATE****

Around 1pm yesterday I recieved an email saying the order was complete, however I went to speedtest and my rates were still the same, even though I had been charged the new amount for the fibre. 3pm yesterday I lost connection to broadband and tried restarting my hub after 30 minutes because I figured it was setting up. Fast foward 6pm I ring up because I have no internet and the guy on the phone books an engineer for this morning.

A gentlemen by the name of Adam comes out around 8am ish and rings me up and tells me the installation wasn't done correctly, so I ask him if he can fix it and he says no, and says it can take a few days before it's fixed.

I ring up plusnet support and tell them that this needs to be fixed straightaway or we will be taking our business elsewhere and also mentioned legal action because we were charged for a product we do not have. He raises an urgent message and I get a call by someone called [CSA Removed] who I assume is some kind of supervisor. I tell him that the engineer who didn't do the installation properly needs to take responsibility. He then tells me that it can take until Monday at which point I say If this isn't sorted by Tuesday we will be cancelling our contract whatever the cost and looking for an alternatative provider.

Oh, and I just payed £6.95 to post this and keep everyone updated.

Regards,

A disguntled customer.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.