cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change Complete - No router yet...

mgillespie
Grafter

Product Change Complete - No router yet...

So switching my mother over to fibre.  She got the product change complete email  "Your broadband product change is now complete"
, but the router hasn't arrived yet.  Is this normal?  The scheduled go-live date isn't until next Monday...
Was the email sent too early?
Has the router been lost in the post?
Were BT too keen?
What will an ADSL2 modem do on a VSDL2+ line???
Thanks....
7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Product Change Complete - No router yet...

Can you PM me her username and I'll take a look?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mgillespie
Grafter

Many thanks.
mgillespie
Grafter

Interestingly, installed VSDL2 sagem router today, and speed is no different (2mbit), so it looks like BT haven't done their bit yet. At least it's ready to go when they do....
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Are you using the PlusNET Hub one?
If you are visit this http://192.168.1.254/?active_page=9141&request_id=428003580&nav_clear=1 and line 23 should state Modulation: G.993.2 Annex B if you are on fibre
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
John_Essex
Grafter

Hi Mordac_The_Peventer
I had exactly the same thing. Got the message that the conversion had been done almost a week before it was due.
When the Hub One arrived I connected it and still got my ADSL speeds.  The hub will work on both fibre and ADSL.
Day of changeover arrived and my line went dead at about 10 AM when I spotted an engineer working on the cabinet. Had a chat with him and he confirmed that he had just changed over my line.  Smiley
So it did happen on the day it should have and with any luck your changeover should happen on Monday.
mgillespie
Grafter

Wonder why plusnet don't just send the vdsl2 modem when you order, ask you to set it up before the install date, and then periodically monitor your line speed, for jumps to vdsl2 speeds, THEN send the product change complete email, would be much less confusing for all.....
This current system is just clumsy and confusing..
John_Essex
Grafter

Quote from: Mordac_The_Preventer
This current system is just clumsy and confusing..

I agree with that. I like you raised the issue on the forums here and that prompted my Hub One to be dispatched. It was still showing "Awaiting Order" on the Member Centre checker  Undecided
I wonder if it would still have arrived on time if I hadn't asked.  Sad