cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with internet connection

Ella

Problems with internet connection

Hi

I moved house in July 17 and having been a plusnet customer at at my old property with no issues I decided to continue with plusnet and upgrades to fibre broadband.

Unfortunately since moving I have had no end of issues with connectivity and when browsing the internet errors keep showing as server not responding.

I have contacted plusnet by phone on numerous occasions who have advised rhey can’t see an issue their end and to try changing channels which we have done with no improvements.

I would appreciate it if someone could have another look as it’s very frustrating particularly as we had upgraded in order to get a better signal!

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Problems with internet connection

Welcome to the community forums @Ella

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems

I've been testing your line and I'm not finding any issues.
 Your router is in sync at 40mbps and the physical connection doesn't look to have dropped in 13 days:

Do you experience problems using a wired connection too?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ella

Hi, thanks for your response.

I haven’t tried a wired connection as my computer is also wireless. When the signal drops on my phone the WiFi symbol still shows but the page stops loading and an error page comes up saying server not found.... the same happens on my husbands phone and our laptop. The router is in the hall so should easily each all rooms of the house and I’ve even bought an internet booster but it makes no difference.

I’d say the issue happens at least every 10 minutes.

Thanks

Ella
ritz1
Dabbler

@Ella, your problem sounds familiar, have a look at my issues with the HubOne and DNS here:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/HubOne-firmware-issue-with-DNS/td-p/1509006

If your problem persists could you possibly use the Google DNS on your LAN devices (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) and report back?

Ella

Hi

Thanks for your email.

I have tried changing the DNS to (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) however the issue is still persists.

Regards

Ella

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

@Ella I don't know if this could be your problem. Am I right that you now have a Hub 1?

That broadcasts wifi on 2 frequencies. There have been reports here that some phones (apparently Apple kit particularly) can get confused and keep trying to swap from one signal to the other and dropping internet connection as they do. The solution is to change the SSID of one of the signals.

In the Plusnet Hub 1 go to the Advanced Settings (password from back of router) and then "5Ghz Wireless" settings; change the "Sync with 2.4 GHz:" to No (it is Yes by default); change the SSID to a different name to the 2.4Ghz SSID