Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with fibre broadband disconnecting and low speed

FIXED
sln25373
Fixes: 1

Problems with fibre broadband disconnecting and low speed

Hi.  For the last couple of weeks I have had problems with my fibre broadband connection.  It started off with disconnecting periodically on mobile devices.  Now it is causing buffering issues on BT Sport app which I also have through Plusnet on my tv.  This time last week my son was able to use Zoom with no problems, but then this week the internet connection is too bad.  It is lagging and he is unable to speak on it at all.

I have tried resetting the router.  I have tried changing the wi-fi channel.  Nothing seems to work.

I contacted Plusnet on Facebook and was told there are no issues and that the connection has only dropped once in the last fortnight which is considered normal?  This is certainly not the case.

Football starts again today and my son is fuming as our connection is so bad he will not be able to watch it.  We tested it out watching German football on BT Sport last night and it just kept on buffering every 5 minutes or so.

What can I do?? I am unable to get through to anybody on the phone as i am at work all day and I cant sit on hold for hours to try to get through.  Why is there not an email option?? Live chat isnt even working!!

Please can somebody help?

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Problems with fibre broadband disconnecting and low speed

Thanks for getting in touch @sln25373

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection.

As you've already said the physical connection itself is quite stable as per the below graph

We've tested your line and identified an external fault which has been raised to our suppliers so they can investigate further. You can see the full details by going here

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sln25373
Fixes: 1

Re: Problems with fibre broadband disconnecting and low speed

Fix
Great work Plusnet. A fault was detected on the line and an engineer came out today. Problem is now fixed