cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with activation

charlie55

Problems with activation

I've received a text message yesterday to say my broadband was now active but haven't been able to connect. The router has a solid orange light showing.

I called earlier and was told to reset the router back to factory settings 3 times - this didn't fix the problem. I was eventually told to leave it an hour and try again.

From what I can tell it seems to be an issue with authenticating the connection at Plusnet's side. Can someone please have a look and check everything is active?

11 REPLIES 11
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Problems with activation

That does sound like authentication. But usually if the auto configuration fails and you stick with the setup username you'd normally still get a blue light, just no net connection. So it sounds like either there's a problem with the network or your account isn't properly active. Or the details in the router are wrong, but the reset should have dealt with that. May be worth checking the log in details in the router but otherwise this will need staff to pick this up.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @charlie55

Having looked into this I can see that the orders are all complete and your circuit is Sync.

I can see no faults on either the Phone or Broadband side of things which would cause this to be happening. 

I do see, however, that the DSL username which is coming up on my test results is SETUP@PLUSDSL.NET, which is an automatic initial setting which allows the TR069 protocol to attempt to establish an automatic connection.

This does not seem to be happening.

Could you please try the following; 

1. Open an internet browser and type http://192.168.1.254 into the address bar
2. Press the 'Enter' or 'Return' key
3. Click on 'Advanced settings'
4. Enter the admin password, which is located on the card or the back of the router
5. Click on 'Broadband'
6. Make sure to click the "Disconnect"  button if the page is currently showing "Connected"
7. Enter your broadband username in the username box in the format "username@plusdsl.net"
8. Enter your Plusnet account password in the broadband password box.
9. Click the connect button near the bottom of the page.

This should authenticate your router and allow a connect to the internet. 

Please let us know how you get on with this. 

Thanks,

Alisdair 

charlie55

Hi Alisdair

I've tried what you have suggested but still getting a solid orange light on the router and no connection.

Kdog
Aspiring Pro

Didn't thing it would. Like I said above if it was purely down to the setup dal name you'd still be blue.

Master of reality, could it be a problem at the ras? A solid orange suggests the router auth isn't making it to Plusnet, even with the setup name. That username would have kicked in from the 3 resets the op did whether tr069 worked or not if the signal isn't making it to pnet.
Dannsmith4321

I'm also having this problem. I can't even go on to the my hub site.
Kdog
Aspiring Pro

Not getting to the hub site is something else-thats offline so your internet connection status would be irrelavent. Make sure your device is definately connected to the router especially if using wifi-make sure the device hasn't attempted to connect to another network if your net is down. Big tip too-try not to use a browser that uses a combined search and url bar (looking at you edge!) as if the browser tries to search online it'll just fail. Not often I say this but old internet explorer is great for getting into the hub.
Dannsmith4321

I've tried on two devices and still can't get into the hub. Says timed out all the time
Kdog
Aspiring Pro

Sounds like the searching issue-it times out trying to get an online result. Have you tried using the link master of reality gave out earlier. That just takes me straight in.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@charlie55 Can you try resetting the router using the pinhole on the back to see if that makes any difference? We can see your router connected briefly with the auto-setup details on the 9th so it definitely worked at some point

@Dannsmith4321There was a issue that was stopping you from connecting but this has been resolved now. Our tests are showing your router as being out of sync now. Can you run through the steps here and let us know how you get on?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
charlie55

I've tried resetting the router but no joy. The event log shows:

( 66.600000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host

I still get the solid orange light and no internet connection.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@charlie55

Looks like we may need to book another engineer visit.

I'll update you via your account shortly. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet