cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 40/20 to 50/10 switch

oldjack
Grafter

Re: Problems with 40/20 to 50/10 switch

The new PN network I believe is old Infonet/BT equipment which I think may be problematic. Plusnet rate 37.6 and BT  37.69. Which is not as high as I had on the 40/20 .I seem to remember 41.6 which gave me 37/38 so no improvement in speed. Perhaps this is a case of slowly slowly catchee monkey.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You seem to continue to ignore questions asked, ie symc speed.

But just to correct you, the BT Group consists of  number of acquired companies including Infonet which is now in the decline, however it's services a few years ago meant that it owned a larger number of IP addresses than it no longer needs. PlusNet as part of the same BT group have just used some those addresses in the implementation of their new network, however it is taking quite a few of the reporting and testing services some time to update their databases and so report correctly that the addresses are now PlusNet.

This has caused some customers to have access issues with some sites, particularly when country location is important.

Posting the helpdesk page of your router, excluding any personal info such as username, will help more than posting speed tests, which can vary with time of day as others use it, and also local wifi signal - hence Ethernet tests give more consistent results.

HTH

oldjack
Grafter

Thank you for your reply Mustrum. I realised BT acquired INFONET back in 2009 I believe. Is it true to say that Plusnet are now using Infonet hardware? After having constant speeds up to the point of the 55/10 change it was disappointing  to drop to 14.26/10 and 3rd party speed test reporting ISP as Infonet or BT, just too coincidental.Using a wired connection BTW reports IP Profile (Sync) 37.69/10 .Router reports Max Rate(profile) 38.96/10.1. Snr 5.8/6.4 Line attn 18/343 .All results shown as Downstream/Upstream

Pkt errors 0/131. Does this suggest Upstream problem on Line attn and pkt loss ?