cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems, problems, problems...

Dfens

Problems, problems, problems...

After having just been told to "try again later" from the customer services phone line for the umpteenth time, the live chat being permanently disabled and tweets going unanswered I thought I'd try here.

I've only been a Plusnet customer for two months and it's safe to say it's the worst experience I've ever had with any ISP.

Pages hang and take forever to load on mobile devices (switching to 4G fixes this immediately). A kind member on here suggested to separate the 2.4 and 5GHz bands which I managed to do and this did work for a while, but then several devices kept dropping and the two separate bands kept randomly disappearing, so back to square one.

New developments have included my laptop being unable to connect to the wifi at all, requiring several attempts for anything up to five minutes and the latest trick is it asks for the password once or twice a day, often telling me it's invalid (which it isn't!) The latter happens on my partner's iPhone too.

Services like YouTube and BBC iPlayer regularly buffer and my speeds are regularly below the guaranteed minimum of 40Mb, roughly 60 per cent of the time.

My daughters have given up on wifi and use their mobile data and given that I'm still working from home, the whole situation is far from satisfactory.

I don't believe I'm one of 'those' customers who screams and yells, making unreasonable demands, I just want my internet to work efficiently (as it always did prior to Plusnet) without having to retrain as a network engineer to fix it. 

I'd also like to be able to access the famed, "award-winning" support that Plusnet constantly boasts of. 

I'm not being done proud.