Did you mean: 

Problems from the Start

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Problems from the Start

@devonjem wrote:

Talk Talk have been saying for weeks that no fibre is available, yet PN said there is, which is why I transferred.  Maybe TalkTalk's system is a bit better for checking capacity issues. 

We use the BT DSL checker. The information is provided directly from BT Wholesale.

This is currently showing (And has been since the first time I responded at the very least) that fibre is available. As the wholesale providers records are showing fibre is available, we can only go off of the information that is available to us.

@devonjem wrote:

I agreed to move to PN to get an advertised deal which ends very soon - will that deal still be honoured if I eventually get on to fibre?

If the account had remained with us it would have been on the offer it was signed up on as the offer is applied at signup and not after the order completes.

@devonjem wrote:

For example, is there a waiting list which Pn will diligently operate so that while I am on ADSL, PN will be checking the capacity situation and make sure I am in the queue?  Will PN make sure there is a live order for fibre so that I am in the queue?  Or is this all left for the customer to do the chasing around?

Unfortunately this wasn't like a standard capacity issue.

As per my previous response:

@HarryB wrote:

when availability shows as waiting list - which is generally when there is currently a lack of capacity.

Having said this, this case is a little different.

When checking the availability, it showed as available, not waiting list. As such when placing your order with our suppliers, there was nothing to make us think there was a lack of capacity.

As the availability wasn't/isn't showing waiting list, when we place the order, it's not making it to the waiting list, it's being cancelled.

@devonjem wrote:

there is no capacity and that PN do not operate a waiting list.

Fibre being 'Available' or 'Waiting list' (Capacity at the cabinet is full) is not something we control and is in the hands of our suppliers.

The reason we generally do not accept signups for fibre waiting list is because we don't know if the order will go in to a committed state after 1 day, 1 week, 1 month or longer. I also believe after 90 days of being in a non-committed state, our suppliers simply time the order out and it still fails.

@devonjem wrote:

I am told to check dslchecker and when it shows availability then I should order.

Although that would be sound advice if this was a standard capacity issue, I'm sorry to say in this case it sounds like misinformation.

As per my previous response:

@HarryB wrote:

when availability shows as waiting list - which is generally when there is currently a lack of capacity.

Having said this, this case is a little different.

When checking the availability, it showed as available, not waiting list. As such when placing your order with our suppliers, there was nothing to make us think there was a lack of capacity.

I believe 'waiting list' refers to capacity at your cabinet, however in this case, it's a problem at the exchange with capacity at the 'Openreach Handover Port'

Apologies for the delayed response, I was off work all week and today is my first day back.

I would have happily kept an eye on this for you moving forward, however I'm sorry to see you've cancelled.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
devonjem
Dabbler

So to finish off this story, we cancelled because we were told by EE that they were able to provide a fibre connection even though PN had been telling us there was no capacity.  We signed up with them, and we now have fibre.  So I am not sure what PN were doing.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear you're now online with your new provider.

@devonjem wrote:

even though PN had been telling us there was no capacity...

...and we now have fibre.  So I am not sure what PN were doing.

We were simply providing the updates our suppliers were providing us when they were rejecting our orders.

It's quite possible the capacity issue at the Openreach handover port in the exchange was resolved shortly after you left us or by the time you decided to leave us, but the only way for us to find out would have been to place another order and wait for it to progress or fail again and this could have interfered with orders from your new provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
devonjem
Dabbler

Harry - EE provided their guarantee that they could connect us before we terminated with PN.  It was because of that guarantee, and PN's repeated failed orders, that we terminated. Cheers