cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems from the Start

devonjem
Dabbler

Problems from the Start

So we decided to change from BT (ADSL) to PlusNet (FTTC).  Received an email from PlusNet saying order rejected.  No further explanation or anything.  Not a good start PlusNet.

18 REPLIES 18
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Problems from the Start

Sorry to hear that.

I'm getting this looked into for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
devonjem
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew.  Our switchover date is 20 Feb and we don't want to stumble into a prolonged period of having no broadband.  Would rather keep things as they are if that is going to happen

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It looks like the orders failed due to a temporary capacity issue.

I'm getting them replaced for you now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
devonjem
Dabbler

OK thanks

devonjem
Dabbler

So my order for fibre and a phone line has now been rejected twice.  then I get a message saying PN will put standard broadband on my line.  Ummmm - no you wont.  I have standard ADSL now - the whole point of moving to PN is to get fibre.  Anyway I have just about had enough of this shambles.  if a Moderator is looking at this, then please try to sort it out.  thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The moderators are just customers like yourself.

I can see we've cleared up the confusion on your open ticket.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Monty1

It still doesn't instil customer confidence Mathew when you can't even get the initial order right from the off.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately the initial order (and the one placed today) failed due to capacity at the exchange.

Although I appreciate it's frustrating for orders to fail, the capacity for fibre ports at the exchange is out of our control and would affect all providers.

We've been advised that this should be resolved on the 13th, at which point we should be able to get a new order in place for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
devonjem
Dabbler

OK harry thanks for the update.  What I am trying to avoid is being transferred from BT to PN and PN then putting me on ADSL due to lack of fibre capacity.  I would rather stay where I am until capacity becomes available, then do the transfer.  Anyway I will wait until 13th and then make a decision.  regards

devonjem
Dabbler

I don't think it is right for PN to accept a new customer and take payment if PN cannot provide the service.  It might be that BT controls the amount of capacity available, but surely PN can put a system in place that checks availability before the customer starts the transfer process from existing provider to PN - because the whole process is disruptive to the customer when things go wrong.  If I had known that PN could not provide fibre, whether due to capacity or any other reason, then I would not have bothered transferring.

Monty1

I would give them until the 13th (Monday) so not long to wait. And if you are still not connected to your satisfaction then I would instruct them to cancel the contract and monthly direct debit and go elsewhere. I think that is more than fair. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@devonjem wrote:

What I am trying to avoid is being transferred from BT to PN and PN then putting me on ADSL due to lack of fibre capacity.

That shouldn't happen. As it stands (From when I last responded when I was in the office) the order had failed due to the capacity issue, so there are no orders in place to move your service currently.

We shouldn't place an order for ADSL unless you tell us you'd prefer to come over on ADSL and upgrade to fibre once capacity is restored.

@devonjem wrote:

I don't think it is right for PN to accept a new customer and take payment if PN cannot provide the service.  It might be that BT controls the amount of capacity available, but surely PN can put a system in place that checks availability before the customer starts the transfer process from existing provider to PN - because the whole process is disruptive to the customer when things go wrong.  If I had known that PN could not provide fibre, whether due to capacity or any other reason, then I would not have bothered transferring.

On the face of it, I agree. As far as I'm aware, we no longer accept signups to fibre when availability shows as waiting list - which is generally when there is currently a lack of capacity.

Having said this, this case is a little different.

When checking the availability, it showed as available, not waiting list. As such when placing your order with our suppliers, there was nothing to make us think there was a lack of capacity. It wasn't until the order failed that the capacity issue came to our attention. I do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

@Monty1 wrote:
I would give them until the 13th (Monday) so not long to wait. And if you are still not connected to your satisfaction then I would instruct them to cancel the contract and monthly direct debit and go elsewhere.

Giving until the 13th to be connected is unfortunately not going to result in being connected on that day. As it currently stands, the orders have been rejected. Our suppliers advised me that they expect the capacity issue to be resolved on the 13th, however this is likely an estimate and we won't know if it has been resolved until we either get a new order in place an see if it progresses, or if our suppliers tell us while placing the order/chasing it up.

Once the new order is placed (Hopefully around at the start of next week/tomorrow) we should be given an estimated completion date. As it's a transfer from another provider, it'll be a minimum of 10 working days for the orders to complete.

While going elsewhere is always an option for anyone, if the main reason for wanting to move is to get on fibre with another provider, it's unfortunately not likely to make a difference, as the capacity issue would affect any provider.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
devonjem
Dabbler

So now I receive a message saying no capacity in the cabinet therefore no fibre available.  That's it.  I think PN need to give more information - particularly about what the options are.  For example, is there a waiting list which Pn will diligently operate so that while I am on ADSL, PN will be checking the capacity situation and make sure I am in the queue?  Will PN make sure there is a live order for fibre so that I am in the queue?  Or is this all left for the customer to do the chasing around?  I agreed to move to PN to get an advertised deal which ends very soon - will that deal still be honoured if I eventually get on to fibre?  Talk Talk have been saying for weeks that no fibre is available, yet PN said there is, which is why I transferred.  Maybe TalkTalk's system is a bit better for checking capacity issues. 

devonjem
Dabbler

So PN's reply is that there is no capacity and that PN do not operate a waiting list.  No solution offered. I am told to check dslchecker and when it shows availability then I should order.  The lack of any waiting list or similar is irritating.  Also, dslchecker has and continues to show availability, so there is nothing else I can do.  if that dslchecker info is inaccurate, then is there another way I can find out when further capacity in installed so that I can re-order quickly?  This whole system is rubbish.