cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems ever since I got fibre installed 2

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Problems ever since I got fibre installed 2

Been with PlusNet since 2008 but it's starting to really bug me now.
Still half the promised upload speed and no resolution. Tickets sitting unanswered - other than right back to the start of their script - plug modem into main socket etc., - done that had the BT engineer out and download speed got sorted eventually when they did a rebuild (?) on there own system - not mine, not the exchange, not BT, PlusNet!
I wonder what would happen if I paid half the bill each month for half the speed.
Suddenly Sky free for 12 months is looking very attractive even with the worst customer services in the world (next to Talk Talk  Roll_eyes )
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Problems ever since I got fibre installed 2

Hi stewarta13wsb,
Sorry to hear about this.
I've just taken a read through the fault ticket and whereas I'm sorry things are taking a while here I'm happy our faults guys are doing all they can for you.
After taking a read through and performing some diagnostic checks for myself I can see that there is an issue with your upload speed which exists on our supplier's network but no obvious cause is indicated.
With that in mind another engineer visit would be the next step so that investigations can continue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

I've given possible dates but the BT engineer was here on the 21st of this month and logged speeds of 80/40 at the main socket. When BT found nothing PlusNet suddenly looked again (?) at their build and found something that 'didn't look right' and download jumped to nearer advertised price but upload still 9.2 vs 20 advertised.
I'll take time off work but I'm not paying £50 if they don't find a fault when they didn't find any a few days ago.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

And the inspired reply several days later???
Thank you for getting back to us. An engineer will not be required. The package you are on (unlimited fibre) offers speeds of up to 40mb. If you were to upgrade to unlimited fibre extra (it costs £5 a month more), the speeds will be up to 80mb. Please call our customer service team if you wish to upgrade.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Is there nobody who can solve this issue? Why can it not be escalated to somebody who can fix this?
Sky free for a year.... could it be any worse?

adie:quote
djtoastie
Grafter

Id go for the sky free for a year, cant go wrong there really, given the option i would leave the same day.  If PN keep going the way they are doing, they will also be lower down the list of customer service
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Is there nobody who can solve this issue?

No, the speeds are correct for the product you're on so the answer from faults was the correct one.
If you're unhappy and feel like that;'s pushing you away then give our customer options team a call on 0800 432 0200 they'll be able to make you a deal.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

NO it's not - how is it right? I ordered and pay for 40 X 20 and I have 38 X 9 - how is that what I'm paying for??????????????????????Huh
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Is there nobody who can solve this issue?

No, the speeds are correct for the product you're on so the answer from faults was the correct one.
If you're unhappy and feel like that;'s pushing you away then give our customer options team a call on 0800 432 0200 they'll be able to make you a deal.

This was what you said last post - "After taking a read through and performing some diagnostic checks for myself I can see that there is an issue with your upload speed which exists on our supplier's network but no obvious cause is indicated." What's changed????????????????
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Everyone is missing the point aren't they. I'm stumbling across these threads whilst looking for something completely different.The handling of your issue by Plusnet CSC is atrocious. It's clear that the agents dealing with such matters have been very poorly trained.
I've replied to your later thread, please continue there, we might discover what is going on.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Exactly my point and I love the quote - one thing I can't recycle is wasted time, and there's been lots!. Answered on other thread.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

You should have a response by the end of today from our Faults team.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Mod Note
Thread locked in favour of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,142311.0.html
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine