cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems ever since I got Fibre installed

Hanxbear
Grafter

Problems ever since I got Fibre installed

I have had no end of issues since getting fibre installed a few weeks ago.
1. The engineer installing plugged the phone line back into a different number - meaning my phone number changed.  I had to call out another engineer to fix it.  Had to go without a landline for nearly a week.
2. Now it appears that we can only get wifi in certain rooms in the house (no problems before).  Iphones keep dropping connection depending on what rooms you are in - not great since one of the rooms with the drop happens to be my teenage daughters..........!!!
3. Streaming is constantly interrupted by buffering
4. discovered that Sky + is failing to connect to the On Demand service
I really wish I hadn't bothered to be honest, but yet I'm now paying double the price........................
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Problems ever since I got Fibre installed

Sorry to hear about the issues. I'll see what I can do to help.
Regarding the change of number I'm sorry to hear that, did you instruct us to retain the same number? Also, let me know if that' still needs any attention. Sounds like it's fixed though.
Can you let me know how you got on with the advice we gave you on ticket 107169364 regarding WiFi?
the answers to 3 and 4 are probably related to WiFi from what you've said.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Hanxbear
Grafter

Hi Adam,
The phone number issue is fixed.
When on the phone about the other issues, I went through the steps to change the channel to 6, are you advising to change setting again until getting a stronger signal?  If so, how do I know I'm getting the optimal signal?
Thanks
David.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi David,
Yes, that the gist of the advice.
One way to tell is to check the signal strength on your PC/devices network adapter.
If you're using a mobile device such as an iPhone or handheld android device you'd probably find it easiest to install a WiFi scanner app which will show you that.
There's a number of good free ones out there.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Hanxbear
Grafter

OK I've followed instructions as per the ticket I raised.
Changed channels and there is no difference to the strength of the wifi.  While not being technical in these things at all, I didn't have these issues on normal BB but since I had fibre installed.
I also ran a speed test
Download speed 24.93
Upload speed 15.87
Ping 32.00
Which is hardly an uptick since changing
Kevin
Rising Star

Was the speed test run via wifi or was it a hard wire connection? As wifi very seldom gives the true speed of your fibre connection.
Kevin.
Hanxbear
Grafter

To be honest the speed is not the issue - It's the fact that half the house is no longer getting a reliable/or any wifi at all..................
I shouldn't have to go through changing channels manually on a trial by error.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Which router are you using, is it the 2704n? What were you using before?
Hanxbear
Grafter

Yes it's the 2704n router.
This is the first fibre router I've had.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I was still interested in what your previous, I assume ADSL, modem/router was when thinking about the coverage.
The 2704n has internal aerials.You could try rotating it about slightly to see if that helps.
As regards "changing channels manually on a trial by error" you could install the free version 3.1.2.1 of inSSIDer on a wireless PC/Laptop to look at your wireless environement, and there are some good free apps from the various app stores for a mobile device.