cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems again..

Vince600
Dabbler

Problems again..

Upgraded to fibre unlimited broadband few weeks ago. First two weeks broadband was faultless. However now, getting random drops, my iPhone says password is incorrect so wont connect at all. Other android phone just disconnects randomly from wifi and shows authentication error. And the router is noisy! What the hell is going on. And was my wiring is ok before you say check that!! .sorry for rant
12 REPLIES 12
NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Problems again..

@Vince600

I suspect you may be another one of us who is affected by this long standing issue

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/td-p/1696363

That thread will also give you some tips on how to try to reduce the inconvenience if it is the same issue.
Vince600
Dabbler

I've done this now. Seems to have fixed iPhone connection problems. However still drops out couple times an hour at least. Ohh and I'm getting 5mb download speeds..plusnet internet is a joke
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Vince600 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. Your connection has certainly been intermittent but I can see we arranged an engineer this morning and they've fixed a fault on your line which appears to have rectified the fault.

I've attached a copy of your connection graph below showing this:

Can you let us know if you have any further issues?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Vince600
Dabbler

Hi yes the connection problem has gone. However, I'm paying for ultimate fibre for speeds 50-80 I believe. The bt engineer said I'll never get said speed as it's only 40 mg at the master socket and about 29-32mb max on router on wifi. So I would think i should be paying less for this service as I'm paying for the best you can provide!?? This is not as advertised ! Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Vince600 

I've tested your line this evening and I can see your router in sync at a line speed of 38mbps. As this is way below the current expectations of your line estimated at between 60mbps and 80mbps, we can arrange another engineer to investigate further. Can you reply to your fault ticket Here with some availabilty when you'll be free for another visit?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Vince600
Dabbler

The engineer believes the problem lies somewhere between the cabinet and to the house externally in the road. Also said the Junction boxes can be accessed through in metal access door in the road but will require traffic cones or lights etc. I can't find option to reply to ticket link. My only availablity is this Friday...thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Vince600 

I'm afraid I can't book an engineer visit directly from a request off our community forums. To reply to the ticket you'd log in to your account and click on the above link, scrolling to the bottom you should see a link which says "I need to add more detail"

Once you've clicked on that link this will open up a new page with a box you'll be able to type your reply in and submit.

Alternatively we've sent a text message out to the mobile number we have stored, feel free to reply back.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Vince600
Dabbler

Ok..replied to question. For only Friday available
Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I'll respond shortly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Vince600
Dabbler

I'm still being charged full price for this service. My min guaranteed speed is 50mb. My current speed according to this website is 17! I know engineer is due to attempt to fix it. But still being charged full price in the meantime !!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Vince600 

While we don't provide a refund for speed faults as there's been no down time, I'm sure we can agree on a gesture of goodwill once the fault is resolved. We'd wait for a fault to be fixed before looking at this, so we can assess end to end a fair and proportionate goodwill gesture. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Morning Vince, I've checked the notes on the fault report with our suppliers and I can see an engineer has identified a fault with the port you're on at the cabinet and there aren't any spare ports to move your line on to, so they've raised a case to repair or replace the port. I'll check back on Monday regarding the progress of this and we'll see where we are.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet