cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with streaming

Feisar

Problem with streaming

Hi,
For many weeks now there as been an issue with streaming content, whether it be youtube, twitchtv, crunchyroll or even bbc iplayer. It would slow down and have a choppy experience, however the net speed is unaffected and downloading files goes at the usual max speed.
I've tried changing DNS servers to no avail so we can rule that out. Will I have to report via ticket or can a member of staff on here check my line, as this is driving me nuts trying to figure out.
Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Problem with streaming

I'm guessing this is over wireless, also what router do you have?  Smiley
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
Feisar

I'm afraid it is not wireless, but on a wired connection and this problem is affecting each computer conencted.
My router is a Linksys WRT1900AC, I've had the same config since last may with only issues since the end of Feb, I waited this long as there was planned maintenance but thats been and gone.
Feisar

Ok now my speeds just hit an all time low 😕 I usually get around 60 on average.
Feisar

Speed as gone back to normal but the streaming problem still persists. Due to the lack of anyone getting back to on the forums, I'm just going to report a fault via the member area. Doubt anything will be done till Monday though due to the weekend. ¬_¬
Edit: Ok how do we actually report a fault without phoning up? swear there used to be something on the site but I cannot find it.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. You can report a fault by completing the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net and our faults team will be in touch within 24-72 hours depending on the results of the testing.
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Feisar

Thanks Anoush, that was the link I was looking for. Smiley
mav:quote