Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem's With Ebay Login

nothappy
Dabbler

Problem's With Ebay Login

Hello
We lost our broadband connection 10 days ago but the problem was resolved whatever it was around 4 days later, but ever since I've  had problem's logging into numerous websites but most notably Ebay.
Using wifi and my Tablet, with the Chrome browser. I attempt to login on Ebay, the screen goes blank and you expect to be redirected to the My Ebay page but instead the login boxes appear again, this happens time and time again without being able to login. No error message for incorrect details.  Angry
But if use my mobile phone for tethering to provide wifi on my Tablet, again with Chrome browser I'm able to login in straightaway as normal. Smiley
Any idea's?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Problem's With Ebay Login

This shouldn't fix the problem, but before we go on, can you please disconnect your router and connect again. I'm wondering if a different IP will help to solve the problem.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
frogfoot
Dabbler

Have you changed router? if so you possibly have an incorrect MTU value set. I had similar problems a couple of years ago with ebay and my home banking site. Turned out to be  to high an MTU value set in the router.
kitz
Aspiring Pro

>>>  incorrect MTU value set.
That was my first thought before I even got to your post.
nothappy
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies.
We're still using the same router, I tried resetting unplugging the power but that didn't help.
The MTU value was set at 1500 so I reduced it to 1400 and it cured the problem,  set it back at 1500 and it's still okay.  Shocked
I did the ping test and the maximum I could set it to was 1452 without the packet needing to be fragmented, so I've added 28 for the header and set it at 1480.
I wasn't aware of what the BTU setting was for, but I do now.  Smiley
Thank You