cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem migrating from sky to plusnet

cappy1961
Dabbler

Problem migrating from sky to plusnet

I had a call this evening from a female Customer service rep regarding my new Plusnet subscription ( did this on Sunday just gone online). She said there was a problem that she and other Plusnet team me,bers had never come across before regarding a migration issue with Sky fibre in that Sky had some sort of block on my landline??, resulting in Plusnet not being able to continue. I get the Mac code from sky customer support prior and gave it to plusnet in the online application. Has any one else here ever had or heard of this sort of problem?.
15 REPLIES 15
dnpark38
Rising Star

Re: Problem migrating from sky to plusnet

I transferred from Sky Fibre to Plusnat fibre last week and I had asked Plusnet if I needed to get a MAC from Sky and Plusnet said no, so no MAC was involved.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

No MAC required during my migration either. Unless you were on their non LLU product, in which case it was a BT line packaged by Sky and that would have needed the MAC. Hope you get it sorted.
Mark
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

When we're checking your line we're getting a message I've never seen before.
I've flagged this up to one of our Prov guys to take a look.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cappy1961
Dabbler

Quote from: Matthew
When we're checking your line we're getting a message I've never seen before.
I've flagged this up to one of our Prov guys to take a look.

Ok, thanks, Matthew.
  Do you know if plusnet received the new mac code that Sky had given me?, that i put in a reply to a plusnet text message that they sent me?
Thanks.
dnpark38
Rising Star

Have you an Openreach modem you will need one to connect the Plusnet router through to your Master socket.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
cappy1961
Dabbler

Thanks for your imput. I have not received any equipment from Plusnet as of yet but i do have the OP modem that is part of the Sky fibre package, Is this one ok?.
dick:quote
cappy1961
Dabbler

Could any Plusnet staff confirm that my new mac code from Sky has been received ok and if there is still a problem existing with my migration?. Thanks
jmcgough
Grafter

When I moved from Sky to BT around June 2013, it was such a pain in the rear.  BT was doing everything they could do at their end but for reason unknown the migration failed.  I then had to order a new landline in the process and disconnected my line provided by sky.  I don't know why it is but for some people leaving Sky can be very difficult especially in relation to fibre.  I have known several people to suffer similar issues when doing what the OP is.  I am not saying you need a new line like I did, but for me that was he only way round the issue.  I am sure the guys here will make sure its resolved.
cappy1961
Dabbler

wow, Jmcgough, it sounds like you had a nightmare of a time - sorry to hear of it.

cappy1961
Dabbler

i have asked this more than once in this thread....
Will a plusnet staff member PLEASE tell me about the status of the migration problem that was at issue?
I need to know ASAP if it has been resolved, if it has not i will not be going through with the migration, i said this personally to the female CS person on the phone when she first informed me of this issue, She said she just needed 48hrs to resolve this .. and if she could'nt,  she said she would initiate the cancellation
Now, will a plusnet staff member PLEASE tell me if this issue has or has not been rectified.
If it has not been rectified then PLEASE cancel the migration, i simply cannot be with out my internet connection for even the smallest amount of time, not for any reason, never mind installing new lines etc...It's simply not going to happen, Thankyou
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Cappy,
Really sorry for the lack of updates on here. Your orders have been replaced and are now progressing fine. We will all be good to go for 02/04/15. I'll update your account to reflect this shortly.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
cappy1961
Dabbler

Matty C, Thanks for your reply.
However, Can you ( or any other Plusnet staff member reading this ) fully confirm then, that the original problem with the Sky tag on the line has been fully resolved?, the one which was quoted in this thread from Matthew Wheeler as  " When we're checking your line we're getting a message I've never seen before. "  and that there will be NO problems whatsoever relating to the original sky problem when my line goes live on the 2/4/15?..I need a "yes" as an answer...not a "no" or "don't know"..If you can't say yes i need to cancel .
I'm sorry i have had to put it like this in this thread but i have been messed about and bull******d with different plusnet staff over this..
cappy1961
Dabbler

..Ok...there was no direct reply (AGAIN)  to my last question above regarding this problem....instead i received an email today stating this
" Dear Mr Slaney,  Your fibre order has now been placed and I have provisionally booked the appointment for02/04/2015 between 8 AM and 1 PM. If you need to change this appointment time please let us know with at least 2 working days notice by calling 0800 432 0200 or replying to the online ticket.  Order reference:3-112892767734  "
Now what type of answer is this?...and WHAT is this appointment??.....Appointment for what exactly???..there's never been any mention ever of any appointments!....I'm at work on the 2nd...What the hell is going on?
Plusnet, please give me a full explanation ASAP...
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The PN system sends out a standard email, even if an engineer visit is not required for a fibre migration. 
I have a very bad feeling about your migration however as it is very likely that BT will assume you already have a modem and just swap over the connection without visiting you.  PN need to make it clear to BT that you do need a visit as you do not have a suitable modem - You can't re-use the Sky all in one router/modem.
I'd suggest calling PN to re-arrange the appointment and make sure the order noted explicitly say that you need a modem to be supplied.