cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting Homehub 5

Matt68

Problem connecting Homehub 5

Hi everyone
I have just switched to Plusnet from BT Infinity and I've had a number of problems getting the fibre broadband activated and working. The broadband was completed and activated by the supplier on the day it was supposed to be (yesterday) but Plusnet hadn't activated the account, however, they did so earlier today and now everything should be working. As I haven't received my Plusnet router yet I am using my BT homehub 5 and set it up for use with Plusnet by following the guidelines (restarting, changing username and password etc.) but I am still not connecting to the broadband, I'm getting the orange power light and a solid red broadband light.
One thing that concerns me is that earlier this year my BT broadband stopped working and after speaking to their technical support they told me to unplug my Openreach modem and plug the DSL cable straight into my HH5. This solved the problem and everything worked fine after that. However, I noticed before I unplugged the Openreach modem that the DSL light was not on as was normally the case.
Now I am trying to access my Plusnet broadband by putting the cable directly into the HH5 and not using the Openreach modem without success. When I have tried plugging in the Openreach modem the DSL light is off and therefore I'm thinking that my broadband is unlikely to be working even when I receive the Plusnet router.
I hope this all makes sense and wondered if anyone super-technical has any advice. Many thanks. 
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Problem connecting Homehub 5

I can see that this is with our provisioning team to chase up. The order has completed on one part of our suppliers systems, but not on another. We've requested this is completed asap and when we have more info we'll update you, really sorry for the delay.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Matt68

Hi Chris
Thanks for the reply. I've found the whole experience of trying to switch and contact Plusnet very frustrating. I outlined it on a different thread in the Feedback forum after I had written this one here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,142710.0.html
I want to say first of all that I appreciate that all of the Plusnet staff are doing their very best, all have been, polite if unable to help. I know not having broadband for a day is a bit of a first world problem and everyone has their sob story, I know it is not the end of the world. However I work from home and do all of my medical consultations online, so for me it is two days of missed work and lots of people with significant issues inconvenienced.
Because I have to have a reliable service for work I've decided to cancel my contract with Plusnet as I'm in the final day of my cooling off period. However, I'm  unable to do this as after a 45 minute wait on hold  to speak to someone in customer services and I now have to leave to work at a colleague's house (who has working broadband). Is there anyway someone can help me with cancelling the contract? 
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You may find this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135840.0.html of some help setting up your HomeHub.