cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem at the Hawkell (EAHAW) Telephone Exchange

cwaite
Rising Star

Problem at the Hawkell (EAHAW) Telephone Exchange

Since 3rd September many FTTC customers that are connected to the Hawkwell (EAHAW) Telephone exchange have been experiencing intermittent connections (the line stays connected but there is no data being sent or received),

BT Posted the notification below:

Screenshot_20190905-084654__01.jpg

Then yesterday they posted that the problem has now been resolved:

Screenshot_20190905-163822.jpg

However this morning myself and many other residents that are connected to the Hawkwell exchange have absolutely no internet connection, our routers are showing connected but there is no throughput. I am a computer engineer and have been inundated with calls this morning from customers saying the same thing.

There are hundreds of comments on the local Facebook pages concerning this and many residents have contacted their ISP's and been told that they will send out and engineer or send out a new router, but obviously the problem is much bigger than replacing a router or sending out an Openreach Engineer to a customers property.

I did call yesterday and spoke to someone at plusnet (Ticket no ) and he suggested changing the wifi channel on my router, I am not sure how changing the Wifi Channel on my router is going to fix everyone's problem. Perhaps more training to your staff is needed here!

Anyway, please can someone at plusnet report this fault to BT/Openreach (whoever is responsible for the equipment at the exchange), I cannot seem to find a way of getting in touch to sort this widespread problem out for myself and the residents in my local towns connected to this exchange.

7 REPLIES 7
wanderer303
Hooked

Re: Problem at the Hawkell (EAHAW) Telephone Exchange

This is the Same in Rochford..i dont know if we are connected to hawkwell..all i know is its down even though it saying we are connected..
cwaite
Rising Star

Yes sounds the same, BT's Service Status is was showing a problem at the Hawkwell Exchange since 11:11 on 06/09/2019 (today) however this notice has now disappeared. There is also a fault showing for the Rayleigh area too, so maybe a more widespread problem than I 1st thought. However, we need someone at Plusnet to report this to BT so they can get someone to look into it, getting loads of calls from customers now saying they have no internet, and all I can tell them is that the problem is not at their end and not sure when it will be acknowledged by BT/Openreach so that it can be fixed.

Here is a screenshot I took half an hour ago when the fault was showing:

Screenshot_20190906-114615__01.jpg

cwaite
Rising Star

Mine and quite a few others have just seen that the internet is now back, but judging by the past few days it will probably be up and down after 4pm today!

cwaite
Rising Star

Well it got to 3:30pm and as predicted its down again, reports are coming in on the community Facebook page that theirs have also gone down, and my phone has started ringing again from customers with no internet.

Please can someone from Plusnet report this outage to Openreach!

cwaite
Rising Star

Internet is back on again for all of us but if the past few days are anything to go by it will be off again soon.

cwaite
Rising Star

Went off again at 8:45pm tonight for 15 mins, obviously the fault still is not fixed.

Please can someone from Plusnet inform Openreach as they are still reporting that the problem was resolved.at lunchtime.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @cwaite

I'm sorry for the delayed staff response and to see you're experiencing connection problems. 

As you've found out there is unfortunately a major service outage at the Hawkell exchange where there's an intermittent loss of PPP.  I can confirm this isn't something that a new router or a normal engineer visit will fix.

We've been investigating this with our suppliers over the past few days and we're continuing to. Steps have been taken to try to remotely resolve the issue, however we're pushing for an engineer to investigate and replace the cards.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes, we'll get it sorted as soon as possible.

@wanderer303 I'm not aware of a problem at Rochford exchange and upon checking your account and I can see your router is trying to connect using an incorrect password. Can you factory reset your router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pinhole at the back for 20 seconds letting me know how it goes please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet