cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro add on

BenJSmyth
Grafter

Pro add on

I know this has been discussed in the past but the threads are quite old.
Does anyone have any advice or words of wisdom on the Pro add on that Plus Net do? We have an FTTC connection averaging around 60/18. There are 5 of us in the house with all sorts of internet traffic going on, including Youview. Does the add on actually have a benefit?
2 REPLIES 2
sjptd
Grafter

Re: Pro add on

Everyone seems pretty much agreed that the Pro addon doesn't do much (if anything) for FTTC users.  We have never had it and often have a lot if Internet stuff going on in the house with no problems.
ricke17
Grafter

Re: Pro add on

I was always confused with the traffic shaping element of pn and assumed that the pro add-on lifted this.
Then I was having major issues with streaming etc (whilst on the pro add on) and after some research and education from this community - the traffic shaping was just pn configuring my broadband so all devices accessing the router would experience stability. 
I binned the pro add-on and all is ok now.
My router has QOS options but since (and correct me if I am wrong) pn kinda do this with this traffic shaping then I have no need for that to be activated.
In short, I have noticed no problems since getting rid of the add on, mind you I don't game so I cannot comment on that.
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000