Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Add On charge

firebird1000
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Pro Add On charge

hi here now that plus.net have dropped there  traffic prioritisation on the /28/6/17  29/06/17 do i still have to pay £5.00 for the pro add on our will this be another way to get more money /

11 REPLIES 11
firebird1000
Rising Star

Re: Pro Add On charge

it seems no one from plus net wants to say any thing are well so i have to keep paying i hope not  i dont think prioritisation has been fully  removed

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you want to retain the Pro Add-on I expect it remains chargeable. However you have the option of cancelling it to save the £5pm.

David
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Sorry about my late response.

As has advised the Pro Addon will remain chargeable. Now that traffic prioritisation is all but gone, the Pro Addon will essentially provide you with a similar service. Alternatively, if you'd like to cancel it you can do that here

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Gandalf   a question ?  if a customer is having problems and can prove its because of traffic prioritisation  , and the way to fix this is the Pro add on .

Would PN still charge £5 a month to fix his connection ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

So far we've had no reports that the removal of traffic prioritisation is actually causing an issue.

However, if it's proven that the removal is having a negative impact on a customer's connection, then as a gesture of goodwill we will apply this free of charge for 12 months. It'll be assessed on a case by case basis.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
firebird1000
Rising Star

so if i remove it and find problems how do i proof it ???? will try to see when i remove it before next billing time there agian proof and how do i do that ?Huh

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

A subsidiary question.  Now that Plusnet has removed the TP service on the grounds that it no longer needed, will Plusnet be reviewing all of the customers currently paying for Pro Add On and offering the option to get a refund from the time that the Pro Add On was agrred to be uneccessary?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spraxyt
Resting Legend

@firebird1000 wrote:

so if i remove it and find problems how do i proof it ????

When you originally added it, what prompted you to do this? Were P2P downloads taking longer than you desired because others in the household were taking excessive bandwidth on things like streaming?

Can you demonstrate the situation now, then repeat after removal?

Anoush provided a link for cancelling the Pro Add-on https://www.plus.net/AddOns.html. Cancellation should take effect immediately with a pro-rated refund on your next bill. This shouldn't matter if staff provide the Pro Add-on for free but if you want to turn it on again yourself wait until the refund billing date is past to avoid confusing the billing system.

David
firebird1000
Rising Star

hi why do you think i use p2p downloads  is this an auto response to say i do as you can check on my use the only p2p was my son on steam network and not  only  like 1gb or 2gb so that would not be the prob / and i do a lot of streaming but my son does a lot more gaming so forget p2p ????Huh

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

No-one thought you used P2P.

You probably never actually needed the Pro add-on previously with Plusnet's default traffic prioritisation.

spraxyt
Resting Legend

@firebird1000 wrote:

hi why do you think i use p2p downloads  is this an auto response to say i do as you can check on my use

I've no idea whether or not you use P2P. As a fellow customer I have no access whatsoever to your account information - only staff have that and I am not staff.

The only reason I mentioned P2P is that generally it is seen as a lower priority protocol compared with streaming and browsing and the traffic management previously in place reflected that. The Pro Add-on made the priority of all of those equal which suited they way some households used their connection.

Based on what you described I don't think that applied in your case.

David