Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential for Sky yo +Net to go wrong!!

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Potential for Sky yo +Net to go wrong!!

Linn was looking after my move from Sky to +Net, but has since left the CS department for other realms Sad
Before leaving, some processes were put in place on ticket #94780970. Adam did say on Linn's goodbye thread to drop him a line if things need a nudge, but he hasn't been online since the 5th, so I am going to nudge on here.
My ticket states:
I have placed the simultaneous phone and fibre order for you and booked the appointment for 11/12/2014 between 1 PM and 6 PM.

I have been following the order in my order tracker and have seen this today:
Your broadband order should complete on 12th Dec 2014 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.

So when did this date change? I have received no notification from +Net that the date has changed, I was lucky that I saw it in the Member Centre.
How will this affect  my simultaneous provide? We have already had a letter from Sky telling us that our services are moving to a new provider and due to cease on the 11th. What is the likelihood of Sky cancelling our services before the transfer of fibre and number are complete?
I am out of the Country from Wednesday, so it is quite an important thing to be resolved for me as we will have a house sitter.
Thanks
Mark
10 REPLIES 10
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Potential for Sky yo +Net to go wrong!!

The date hasn't changed, that's just a very badly worded automated email. The appointment is still set for 11/12/2014 PM, I've just double checked on that for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for looking Chris. It isn't the email that says the 12th, it is the Member Centre. All the tickets in the system have also said the 11th, not sure why that one is different as it never used to be?
Mark
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

With the line transfer going ahead tomorrow, can you confirm if once the the transfer is complete I need to reboot the OR modem, or will it reconnect on its own? We are away from tomorrow but have a dog sitter so want to be able to give instructions on what to expect.
Thanks
Mark
awahwah
Grafter

You won't need to reboot the OR Modem, you will need to set-up your Router (if you are using your own) or just plug in the PN Router to the OR modem.
Hope that make sense.
For info:
The OR modem completes the Physical link to the Road side Cabinet - connecting over the xDSL Protocol Suite.  The Plusnet Router (or your own kit) brings up the logical connection (PPPoE) to the Plusnets Radius box and hence completes all layers of the connection (and hopefully works :)) 
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for the reply. I was travelling yesterday so couldn't reply. In the meantime, my member centre shows as work completed, but I have received the following email:
Unfortunately, there's been a delay to the order for your telephone service.
We'll contact you again once we have more details about this.

As I am out of the country until Tuesday, I can't check anything. Can you tell me what the problem is/ was?
I also got an email yesterday saying a OR engineer would call. Linn confirmed to me that as an existing fibre supplied address the OR engineer wouldn't be needed.
Thanks
Mark
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there.
I've just had a word with our suppliers and they've advised that the order should be closed off by the end of play today.
The actual services should be working but either way when your back on Tuesday everything should be working.
If you have any further questions please let us know.
EDIT
Actually look like both orders have just completed and your connection is now online.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

I got some emails yesterday saying the order was completed yesterday, thank you. Hopefully all is hunky dory (haven't heard the to contrary).
Thanks
Mark
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

It does look fine from what I can see but if there's any issues feel free to let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

It must be working, I can see almost 4.5GB of usage in 2 days!!! Last time I was with a +Net company, that was our monthly limit!!!!  Our dog sitter is obviously making full use of the service Smiley
Thanks for the help peeps.
Mark
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That sounds like Broadband Plus (one of the products we had when I first started at PN). Don't worry about usage allowances now, there are none! Enjoy the connection Smiley
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.