Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postcode SO45 no internet

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Postcode SO45 no internet

Plusnet fibre internet dead in our area. Seems to be BT internet as well. Can access internet via mobile. Local facebook group reporting many disconnected.
7 REPLIES 7
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Postcode SO45 no internet

Try and find out if they're on the same Exchange as yourself. You can check which one you're on by putting your landline into the BT line checker or someone else's.

Sounds like either an Exchange or a cab issue.

cjags
Aspiring Pro

Both myself and the BT internet user are on the Hythe Hampshire exchange. Can't say about the facebook posters. Telephone landline still works.
cjags
Aspiring Pro

Still no internet connection. Router is working and the openreach fibre box is working. The router tries to connect to plusnet but fails with a no response message.
Is there a fault at the exchange? Nothing is showing on BT exchange status pages nor the plusnet service status but a lot of broadband users in the area are affected (not just plusnet).
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

You could see what Zen knows here.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
cjags
Aspiring Pro

Zen says there are no reported faults for 0238084xxxx.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @cjags

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

I'm sorry to read that your services were not working Tuesday evening and I apologise for the frustration caused. 

I can see from your connection logs you had no broadband service until early Wednesday morning, this looks to have been an outage at the exchange. Please get back in touch with us if you need further assistance or you notice drops in connection becoming more frequent. 

Thanks. 

cjags
Aspiring Pro

Hi. The internet came back online early this morning.