cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Office Phone & Plusnet Fibre (is it possible?)

cwaite
Rising Star

Post Office Phone & Plusnet Fibre (is it possible?)

I currently have my landline with BT and my fibre optic broadband with plusnet, I am thinking of leaving BT and going with the Post Office for my landline only, as the post office landline is cheaper than plusnet and BT by a mile, however, I want to keep my fibre optic broadband with PlusNet, does anyone know if I can move my landline from BT to the Post Office and still keep my fibre optic broadband with plusnet?
9 REPLIES 9
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Post Office Phone & Plusnet Fibre (is it possible?)

I think that the Post Office is a reseller of LLU services so no it's not possible IMHO  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Yes, there's been a couple of post recently from people planning a move to the Post Office ( one here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,142216.0.html , can't find the other at the mo ) but I don't think we've seen conclusive results of any move yet... 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

You could move it to Origin, a lot cheaper with their LRS offers. But you may have to pay £2.50/mo to PN if you don't have both with them, depends on your contract.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Thanks for that, I hadn't hear of Origin before.  Cheesy
Their prices look interesting but there's a disappointing lack of info on their web site, eg call tariffs price for add-ons etc.
cwaite
Rising Star

Can someone post the website for Origin I cant seem to find them.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I don't think the Post Office are actively taking on customers on BT lines, and generally do LLU migrations (though I'm willing to be corrected on that). So unfortunately, it would be a no. Apologies.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ChrisWoods
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Until I signed up to PN (yesterday!) I've been using a Post Office phone line with Sky LLU ADSL2+ without issue. Prior to that I was a BE customer, again with PO Phone. No issues whatsoever, I think their basic phone service is simply CPS / WLR of the BT Wholesale product.
Their weekend inclusive UK mobile / US landline / US mobile / various European countries inclusive allowance on their basic call package is a very attractive perk no other provider seems to offer, if you do the retro thing and actually pick up the phone to talk to people... I liked that they kept their weekend offpeak start and end times the same when everyone else (BT and their ilk) pushed them back an hour to 7pm on Friday.
It's £1 a month cheaper than PN if you do their 12 month line rental saver (£11.something vs. £12.99), plus the attractiveness of the one-month contract with no activation / migration fee -- least there wasn't when I migrated many moons ago.
ChrisWoods
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Migration went with only one small snag (small for me, but it might bother some people more... read here) and I was online on my activation date, no problems.