cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible upgrade from unlimited fibre to unlinited fibre extra

LF
Dabbler

Possible upgrade from unlimited fibre to unlinited fibre extra

I’ve had an email from Plusnet which said “where you live will now be classified as a low-cost area (it's currently a non low-cost area, which means you pay a bit extra for your broadband)” – which is good news.  I will save £6.50 per month.  I have 10 months left on a 24month contract with a discount of £x per month.

I contacted customer services to upgrade from unlimited fibre (40/10) to unlimited fibre extra (80/20).  I was put through to a very aggressive and unhelpful agent in COT who told me that, in order to upgrade, I’d have to take out a new contract and lose the £x per month discount.  He offered me a smaller discount.  This contradicted the information on my product change page which showed that, for £5 per month extra, I could upgrade for the remaining 10 months of my contract.  There was no mention of losing my existing discount.  Does anyone know who is right?  I don’t want to upgrade online, only to have to unpick it if they try to take away my discount.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Possible upgrade from unlimited fibre to unlinited fibre extra

Sorry to hear about your experience.

To upgrade your service and retain a monthly discount you'll need to commit to a new contract.

However if you would like to upgrade and keep your existing contract as it is your monthly cost would be without any discounts.

The product change tool generally doesn't take into account of any discount, but it should advise you of the total cost of your service before it allows you to confirm the order.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet