Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible line fault

FIXED
andytay
Rising Star

Possible line fault

Hi

I raised a ticked on satursay regarding a line fault, do any of you know what is happening?

I have check the status and all it says is its in the hands of the faults team.

Attached is a report from BT Wholesale.

Regards

Andy

5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Possible line fault

The speed you are getting on your downstream is *exactly* what I'd expect to see on the product you are on. It will show as red, but that's because the wholesale product allows up to 80Mb/s speeds, but on the service you are on we currently restrict this to 40Mb/s. Regardless of that, your estimates start at 40Mb/s too, so the speeds you are getting down are not considered a fault at all.

The upload is slightly lower than it should be, so our faults team will investigate that, but the downstream is not an issue at all.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
andytay
Rising Star

Thanks for getting back Chris.

At least its not bad news!

andytay
Rising Star

Hi Chris

Any news on this "possible fault" as it was reported saturday? and i have not heard anything?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

BT Speedtest results:

Down: 38050

Up: 9640

Sync speeds:

Downstream Speed 41.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 12.5 Mbps

As per my previous response, I don't see any huge issues. The message you've highlighted on the screenshot is most likely due to the speed cap on your account. The speedtest results recorded above show no issue.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
andytay
Rising Star

Thanks Chris I'll close it.