Did you mean: 

Possible fault

FIXED
ccarmock
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Possible fault

Hi

Woudl it be possible to check if my line has a fault please?   A while back it did have a voice fault, which BT checked but said they coudln't find a problem wiht the line.    Since then I always sync at exactly 27400 Kpbs downstream.  Maybe I am banded?

The BT checker implies I should get 37/38 Mb/s

Thanks in advance for any advice.

4 REPLIES 4
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Possible fault

Fix

Hi @ccarmock, thanks for getting in touch. After testing your connection from this side I can confirm there doesn't look to be any identified line faults however I can see there's 2 lots of speed banding currently taking place. Firstly, I can confirm the speed profile on your account looks to be set to 26.4Mbps which I've now bumped up to your products maximum possible 40Mbps.

The banding which I believe resulted in the change on the profile however is the one currently on our suppliers side. As currently I can see there's a profile banding taking place limiting your speeds to 27.4Mbps. In which case, I've requested our faults team remove this banding which should take place over the next 3 working days. Should you see speed issues beyond this then please let us know. As your line estimates looks to be 25 - 38.9Mbps when checking on https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com it could be your speeds don't jump up much but generally if you've seen higher speeds than the current banding in the past then the speeds should increase once the banding is removed.

Let us know how it goes.

ccarmock
Rising Star

Thats great thank you for looking into it for me.    The line has run at around 37 Mb/s previously.

ccarmock
Rising Star

Thanks again Ben - the reset has worked and the line is achieving between 30 & 31 Mb/s now so a little better then before with no sign of banding.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for letting us know @ccarmock

The speeds reported are now within estimates which is good to see. Please feel free to give us a shout if you need any further assistance at all. I've run a further test on the line which echoes your latest comment. The line is no longer banded.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds