Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible fault.

thesawdust
Grafter

Possible fault.

Hello,
I was talking to LIVE CHAT and he said i may have a possible fault, my line dropped 5 times yesterday apparently? and i've dropped 10mb roughly in speed.
Could this be DLM making changes? I've noticed latency increase too. Not sure about the 10MB drop in speed.
Could any staff have a look into this? before i open a ticket. I'm 3hours away from the property so would rather just be told it's DLM & interleaving rather than a fault (Will have to arrange someone to be at the house)
The phone line sounds ok, does go quiet and loud during calls though
Regards
TheSawDust
6 REPLIES 6
mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: Possible fault.

We could just tell you its DLM... and so could Plusnet but that wouldn't help matters now would it...
I would suggest raising a fault ticket through the member centre as that is all they will do on here  Smiley
thesawdust
Grafter

Also, 9 times outta 10 if DLM applies interleaving it nomally removes it.  Wink
So i could save BT the visit if they can confirm interleaving that's been enabled  Cool
mlmclaren
Grafter

DLM would not cause the broadband to drop so many times... and if it did that means your line has developed a fault that has required such a high presence of DLM...
However if your happy with the connections status and its potential degraded performance then theres little point in continuing and discussions on here...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi thesawdust,
I've just run some diagnostics but that didn't show any obvious issues. Still seeing drops and DLM has definitely lowered your speeds so I'd get a fault raised ASAP: http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
thesawdust
Grafter

BT turnt up, apparently the master socket was faulty as to was the BT Modem?
He's replaced them both, now profile has dropped even more (36mb now previously 39mb) and he said " the speed may increase in 10days (training) "
Why didn't he reset the DLM?? Last visit they reset DLM? for a fault  Angry
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

The Engineer is wrong there is no 10 day training on Fibre at any time, you could get the speed back but that will be up to DLM when it feels the line is capable that could be a couple of days maybe weeks it all depends on how quickly the line can settle and show stability.
As for a reset that only happens if any fault was with the actual line or the cab / exchange not a modem or master socket and even then it's the Engineers call if they do it or not.