cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Fibre Issue

LeeDH

Possible Fibre Issue

Hi All,
First off I'm not technically advanced so please excuse any obvious errors, however I do believe I have a possible Fibre problem that hopefully someone can spot before I waste anyone's time with a fault report.
We're on Fibre Unlimited and towards the end of May I noticed a big drop in both download and upload speed. There have been a few dropped connections, a couple, coincidentally or not, happened when we had an incoming call.
The first image below is of some recent Ookla speed tests I've done where you can see the speed differences
The second image shows a BT Availability check - I'll be honest I don't understand it totally but I guess in a nutshell I should be getting better speeds than sub 12 Mbps  Huh
I've Factory Reset the Technicolor Router - not sure what it might have done but it was worth a try  Smiley We have a number of devices connected to the router - all wirelessly, including the Mac I'm writing this from, however the speed is pretty consistent throughout the house.
Many thanks and apologies for the lack of info!
Lee

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Possible Fibre Issue

First off all testing should be done via a wired (ethernet) connection to the router if at all possible to eliminate any WiFi issues.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LeeDH

Hi Strat,
Thanks for the reply - I will bring my work laptop home tomorrow and test via ethernet before reporting back.
Lee
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear about your speeds being slow.
Our testing has found a external fault on the line so I've raised this on Question 106568894 for you.
We'll be in touch as soon as we know more.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
LeeDH

Hi Matthew,
A massive thank you for your quick response and for taking this issue up on my behalf.
Much appreciated!
Lee