cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor upload speeds

FIXED
davidjh8

Poor upload speeds

Hello. I have been with plusnet fibre a month now and I have noticed my upload speeds are very poor.

The day my fibre went live (2nd Oct) I was getting around 35Mbps DOWN and 8Mbps UP. Great.

However after a couple of days my speeds dropped heavily.

Since then my download speeds have settled at roughly 31Mbps which I'm ok with, but the upload is barely 0.5Mbps - which is nowhere near what I was getting at the start.

Is there anything you can do to check my line?

I an using the Plusnet One hub.

12 REPLIES 12
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Poor upload speeds

Hi @davidjh8,

I'm sorry that your connection speed has dropped - particularly on the upload side - and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I've tested your line and the test has picked up an external fault so I have raised this to our suppliers for further investigation. They have advised an estimated response time of the 5th of November. As it's an external fault, this is an estimate and the issue may be resolved before this point.

Our faults team will monitor this and will contact you once we've received an update from our suppliers. Please get back in touch on here if there's anything that you'd like to discuss in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
davidjh8

Hi. Thanks for the reply.
I got a message yesterday morning to say they found a fault on the line and cleared it.
I've left it for 24 hours or so to see if there was an improvement on upload speeds but unfortunately it's still lingering at 0.5Mbps. Download speeds are fine though at 31Mbps.

Is there anything else that can be done?
Thanks.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Fix

Thanks @davidjh8.

We're still detecting the exchange fault and so I've rejected the Openreach report that it's resolved.

It's defaulted to the initial estimated response of by 23:59 on 5/11 but with any luck it'll be resolved before then.

We appreciate your patience whilst we work to resolve the issue.

davidjh8

Excellent! Openreach texted me today and said they had been working on the local cabinet and resolved the issue.

Speeds now 36Mbps down and 8Mbps up Smiley

Thanks for your assistance.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @davidjh8,

I'm glad to hear that everything is running as expected now. Smiley If there are any further problems then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be more than happy to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
JeremyP99
Grafter

I have noticed this recently as well. We are on fibre to the cabinet, and for most of the time until recently, upload speeds were the same as download. Now they are down to a quarter of that, all the time, 

What's up? 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @JeremyP99

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your upload speeds.

We've tested your line and we can't see any issues remotely with your router's upload sync speed at 10Mbps.

Can you advise what speeds you're currently seeing and if you're testing over a wired or wireless connection?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JeremyP99
Grafter

Wired. I empricially observed upload speeds the same as my download speeds - say 30ishMbs, for a long time befpore it dropped. Very pleased indeed, when we moved to fibre to the cabinet to note this. I upload a lot to OneDrive and Mediafire and the uploads flew. Speedtest - which I have used for years shows upload speeds the same as download. The reason I put this up was that I noticed how slow my uploads had got again. I am being told that what I witnessed could not happen. I am simply reporting my observations, based on fact!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

As per your other thread, post the results after entering your number in the DSL Checker and you will see perhaps your facts may have got confused over time..

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @JeremyP99,

That is strange, however, your upload speed is within the expected estimates from this side, if you notice deteriorate in speed please get back to us with a wired speed test and we can go from there. 

Thanks.

Jay108

Hi Emily,

I have been experiencing poor upload speeds the last couple of days, below 1mbps when it is normally around 3 to 4 

Download speeds seem 

Thanks in advance 

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@Jay108 Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at http://faults.plus.net.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team