Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor upload speeds

FIXED
Highlighted
davidjh8

Poor upload speeds

Hello. I have been with plusnet fibre a month now and I have noticed my upload speeds are very poor.

The day my fibre went live (2nd Oct) I was getting around 35Mbps DOWN and 8Mbps UP. Great.

However after a couple of days my speeds dropped heavily.

Since then my download speeds have settled at roughly 31Mbps which I'm ok with, but the upload is barely 0.5Mbps - which is nowhere near what I was getting at the start.

Is there anything you can do to check my line?

I an using the Plusnet One hub.

5 REPLIES 5
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 87

Re: Poor upload speeds

Hi @davidjh8,

I'm sorry that your connection speed has dropped - particularly on the upload side - and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I've tested your line and the test has picked up an external fault so I have raised this to our suppliers for further investigation. They have advised an estimated response time of the 5th of November. As it's an external fault, this is an estimate and the issue may be resolved before this point.

Our faults team will monitor this and will contact you once we've received an update from our suppliers. Please get back in touch on here if there's anything that you'd like to discuss in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
davidjh8

Hi. Thanks for the reply.
I got a message yesterday morning to say they found a fault on the line and cleared it.
I've left it for 24 hours or so to see if there was an improvement on upload speeds but unfortunately it's still lingering at 0.5Mbps. Download speeds are fine though at 31Mbps.

Is there anything else that can be done?
Thanks.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Fix

Thanks @davidjh8.

We're still detecting the exchange fault and so I've rejected the Openreach report that it's resolved.

It's defaulted to the initial estimated response of by 23:59 on 5/11 but with any luck it'll be resolved before then.

We appreciate your patience whilst we work to resolve the issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
davidjh8

Excellent! Openreach texted me today and said they had been working on the local cabinet and resolved the issue.

Speeds now 36Mbps down and 8Mbps up Smiley

Thanks for your assistance.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 42

Hi @davidjh8,

I'm glad to hear that everything is running as expected now. Smiley If there are any further problems then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be more than happy to help.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team