Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor upload speed and your access racks need sorting

mighty
Dabbler

Poor upload speed and your access racks need sorting

Dear plusnet.
This evening I have been experiencing degraded performance mostly on my upload speed. I have had nothing but trouble uploading small files and photos to a website and believe this is causing the issue as uploads fail. Called plusnet and my line was checked but said seems OK. My uploads speeds have been. 0.33 and just done another speed test and now it's 0.12. It should be around 11mbps.
This problem has happened before and it seems that you have some very bad access racks or faulty racks. This was the case last time and when my connection reset, a different IP, all was working fine. That is the same again today. This poor access rack performance seems to happen on IP's that start with 87.

So please fix your access racks as some don't work well at all.
Without starting a new thread, can you please also put your phone options back the way they were. You have changed them and now making it harder to get through to technical support. You can end up causing more problems, as customer service seems to be the main option now and won't help you reduce you call times.
Why you make these changes and make the service worse? Just like you hiding your support numbers from the main plusnet webpage.
2 REPLIES 2
mighty
Dabbler

Re: Poor upload speed and your access racks need sorting

Well well no reply and not even an apology from a Plusnet rep.  Sad
Popped in today and only see one member of staff on here.  Is this what it is going to be like now? May have to think about leaving then when my contract is up.
Everything is fine now, only because my connection dropped and I have a new IP, with a different access rack.
Here is one of the poor performance access racks that I had the last time. With the problem explained above. Not bad access rack from yesterday.
Poor performance, faulty  access rack.

Bob pullen was the best,always replied and always tried to help.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Poor upload speed and your access racks need sorting

Quote from: mighty
Well well no reply and not even an apology from a Plusnet rep.  Sad
Popped in today and only see one member of staff on here.  Is this what it is going to be like now?

From the timing of your post I assume you mean Sunday (and today is a Bank Holiday.)
You were lucky to see any member of PlusNet's CRT team on here on a Sunday, but it's been like that for as long as I can remember.