cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor start to Plusnet experience

MrGavinCameron

Poor start to Plusnet experience

I am fuming because I realised today I had no internet because I opted to switch from Sky to Plusnet a few weeks ago because of this amazing offer that I seen and now I'm without and internet connection. Why? Because apparently the Plusnet suppliers did not activate the order 2 weeks ago and it was only picked up when I called in this morning to find out why Plusnet had arranged to switch off my Sky but still not sent me a router.

Now if there was an apology and a quick solution offered then fine. But 4 hours later no call back from management and the lady I spoke to in the call centre said sorry but did not sound like it was something that hadn't happened before so the apology seemed a bit like routine and she went on to say management cannot do anything about it and when they call me they will tell me the same thing. That probably explains why I haven't had a call back yet.

If anyone does call back or responds to this post I would be shocked but greatful. All I ask for is to have the broadband connection Plusnet too advanced payments for working along with router that was purchased in the agreement asap and not the generic 10 to 15 days that I was quoted before.
12 REPLIES 12
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Poor start to Plusnet experience

Hopefully @Anoush  will have a look at this for you , Staff on the forum are very good Thumbs_Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Unhelpful post removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MrGavinCameron

We will see... my promised call back has now been put on hold until tomorrow
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear of your poor experience.

I'm not able to locate your account from your forum details, mind PMing me your username?

EDIT: @MrGavinCameron

Thanks for your patience, much appreciated. I've spent time investigating this.

Your fibre order wasn't built correctly within our suppliers systems, which means that it didn't progress to a stage where it would complete on the day of your activation. When your phone service went live as predicted, but not your fibre service, we placed a cancellation request on the fibre order so that we can replace it for you.

Unfortunately, an exception has been generated on the order.

This is basically means the order has become stuck within our suppliers systems. We've been advised that we have to allow 48 hours for automation to clear it. This was something we tried to avoid with the idea of cancelling the order & replacing it.

After discussing this with our suppliers, they've placed a portal cease on their end try to speed things along. We've been asked to review this on Thursday.

Only that it's likely that once the exception is cleared and things progress, the order will be cancelled. However, at that point we will be able to replace the order, then should then be able to request it is expedited, because the order was originally stuck due to supplier system issues and the actual work appears to have been completed as scheduled.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this problem. The ticket on your account with the social media team, we will take ownership of this until it is resolved. We will check this for you tomorrow in case things progress quicker than expected.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thank you for your patience.

We've been advised that the portal cease has completed. Unfortunately, the order is still stuck, so our suppliers are raising a bridge case to manually push this along. The lead time on that is 48 hours [excluding weekends].

Once the order is cancelled, we'll replace the order and request it is expedited.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Gandalf Just for clarity , was the error due to PN order or was it at BT system ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's stuck within the wholesale systems.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Good news, it looks like the cancellation of the stuck order was cancelled because I can see the order has completed. I'm just in the process of activating your account now. Can you let us know how if you're able to connect?

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrGavinCameron

I would but nobody sent me out a router, one thing after another!! So now I finally have an internet connection that I cannot use. Fantastic news!!!

I had to call up and request a router to be sent out to me on Friday so lets wait and see how long it takes for that to arrive because it did not turn up in today's post.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for that. Sad It looks like it wasn't ordered automatically because your order didn't reach that critical stage [as mentioned above]. Fingers crossed it doesn't take long to arrive.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrGavinCameron

Router is here and all it is doing is flashing red. Still no connection. This is starting to feel like a wind up now
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I can see our Faults team are investigating this further.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team