cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speed

Lanser1964

Poor speed

My welcome pack gave estimated speed as 58.6Mb and 77.7Mb

actual speed is 14 or so according to BT wholesale I cant seem to generate a ticket anymore via website only contact methiod is to spend hours waiting on phone

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Poor speed

Thanks for getting in touch @Lanser1964 I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems. Our tests aren't showing a definitive cause for this however we can see your sync speed has been down at 42.5mbps for almost a month and we're also seeing what's called a bridge tap on the line, which occasionally is caused by faulty internal wiring.

I'd recommend going through our troubleshooting guides Here making sure your router is plugged into the test socket as explained Here. If your speeds don't improve it's probably a good idea to try a different router, unless you're using your own router I'd recommend calling us on 0800 013 2632 to discuss a replacement as we may need to recontract you to send a new one for free. If you're wanting to buy your own router, the instructions Here should help to set it up.

Failing that I'd head on over to http://faults.plus.net to report a fault to us online so we can arrange an engineer to investigate further. Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet