cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speed, nowhere near minimum promised and router repeatedly dropping out

Lainee

Poor speed, nowhere near minimum promised and router repeatedly dropping out

Hi there 

I have fibre extra. I’m getting nowhere need the speed promised, not even the minimum of 11.9. For the last two weeks have barely got over 5. The router also repeatedly drops out 

can’t get through to customer services. Any suggestions? My patience is wearing thin.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Poor speed, nowhere near minimum promised and router repeatedly dropping out

Hi there and I'm really sorry about the issue. I'm certain we can get that fixed. 

I've just performed some tests on your line but we're not seeing signs of any obvious issues. With that in mind it would be best to try a wired connection to the router using laptop or PC if you have one so we can identify if it's a WiFi issue we need to look at next. That's just to see if you still experience disconnections and slow speeds. 

It would be worth going through the checks here too: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

Please let me know how you get on and I'll continue to follow things up with you until we've got this resolved. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lainee

Re: Poor speed, nowhere near minimum promised and router repeatedly dropping out

Prior to receiving your message, the speed had improved to 15.77 but then in the evening it dropped out entirely.

ive completed the tests you suggested. Both pc.s are connected directly to router. 

Any my other suggestions?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot, how to the speeds over the wired connection compare to those over WiFi at the moment?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lainee

Wired connection 18, but WiFi only 9.4