cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speed and connection

Dave_27

Poor speed and connection

Since moving to Plusnet a few weeks ago, our speeds have taken a huge downturn - even on Ethernet I'm sometimes only getting speeds around 15mb. Websites don't load, Netflix etc constantly buffer, sometimes it completely drops out (again according to tech support that's 'only' happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks) - I'd say it happens several times a day. 

However, 'on paper' the connection looks fine and so unless I'm prepared to pay £152 to exit the contract I'm stuck. 

I've taken all the advice, using a filter, only thing plugged in is router, the house doesn't have thick walls - any suggestions please as right now I'm massivley regretting uing Plusnet at all. 

2 REPLIES 2
Dave_27

Re: Poor speed and connection

Although having read through some other threads I could be at this for a while! I don;t have the time to be testing and contacting BT so will look towards a better router (and then leaving Plusnet as soon as I can - this is worse than the copper we had a few years ago). 

Considering a home mesh system like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RXLF5XZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1 if anyone has any wise words about them? (not sure on difference between E4 and M4)

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Poor speed and connection

Welcome to the forums.

I've taken a look at your account and it looks fairly healthy.

We would appreciate your help in helping us fix the problem for you.

First of all, let's clarify what you mean by dropping out - what happens, how often, and does the light status change on your router?

I need to know if your WiFI or your broadband is dropping. Clarifying this helps us to help know how to support you and what to advise next. Does it only drop out on wifi or does this happen on the wired connection too?

It sounds like your choice of provider isn't the problem, but possibly is the router or the settings within that is. Again though, confirming the above details will help us to help as I stated above.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team