Did you mean: 

Poor speed again.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Poor speed again.

Hey @feet,

I've updated the ongoing faults ticket for you with an update on what the next step is.

Thanks.

feet
Grafter

Engineer also said line is only happy supporting max 30mb, NOT the fibre extra speeds.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the additional information @feet 

Engineer notes we've received simply advise that there's a possible issue with your router and testing your line is showing your speeds to be artificially restricted at a speed of 35mbps by the dynamic line management(DLM) at the exchange.

I'm surprised that the engineer didn't arrange for your line to be reset to be honest and I'm sorry that we didn't pick up on this before the engineer visit. I've added your connection details onto the DLM reset tracker to remove this restriction.

Unfortunately due to the weekend this won't get submitted to our suppliers until Monday Afternoon and should go through by the close of play on Wednesday. 

If you don't get improved speeds following the reset going through then I'd recommend we arrange another engineer escalating this with our suppliers because I can see you've had higher speeds than in the past.

I'm taking this on personally moving forward which means I'll follow things up with you next week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
feet
Grafter

Hi,

The engineer went away with the intention to do a "lift and shift", but when he came back said he was unable to do it, as the "system" was down.

He also said there'd been issues between the cabinet and the exchange.

Feet

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks again for the additional information @feet 

As there aren't any engineer notes about this and the fault is showing as closed in the Openreach system, if the DLM reset we're submitting doesn't resolve this, based on the expectations of your line and what you've said I think it'd be good idea to go for another engineer visit, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
feet
Grafter

New router/hub connected now.

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update @feet

Fingers crossed the DLM will be reset soon

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
feet
Grafter

Still no connection speed increase?  What is going on, if anything?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @feet 

I added a reply to your support ticket 196744598 on Monday asking for your availability for an engineer to visit to investigate this further because our attempts to remotely remove the banding aren't working.

Can you reply to the ticket or the text we've sent?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
feet
Grafter

Any afternoon this week.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @feet 

Can you reply to the ticket or the text?

I'm afraid we can't book an engineer directly from a request via our community forums

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
feet
Grafter

Replied to ticket.  Sorry texts arrive here in batches, live in a  more or less not spot.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I'll reply to your ticket shortly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
feet
Grafter

Engineer has been, left message on ticket.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks, I'll respond shortly

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet