Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

suke
Grafter

Poor service

I would just like to share my experience of Plusnet/ openreach

Started having speed problems/dropping out back in August 2020.  Reported fault which instigated an openreach engineer coming to the house.  Cutting a long story out after 14 visits from different engineers i finally(touch wood) have got a service, February 2021, that appears pretty constant.  That is 14 different occasions where someone has had to be at home to receive so called engineer.  Being an electrician myself i would probably have been sacked after the 5th visit.

Referred this to the Ombudsman back in December and i have just received a decision.  Again cutting it short, at the end of the day its down to Openreach as they are the sole line provider to sort the problem.  Gist of it is, the Ombudsmans decision is i can leave Plusnet without any penalties and go with another provider.  WHAT! a joke.  No ofter of compensation or anything.

Seems the Telecoms/ Broadband suppliers are a law unto themselves and complaining to the Ombudsman is a complete and utter waste of time

Openreach engineers i wouldn't employ any of them

4 REPLIES 4
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Poor service

If you were in contract and they’ve released you, they’ll be waiving termination fees which would be a form of compensation as a complaint resolution.

suke
Grafter

I have just spent 4 months or so trying to get this resolved and they want to release me from the contract to go and sign up to another provider and have the same problem.  I don't think so

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Unfortunately the Ombudsman has no influence over getting a fault fixed with your service. If you prefer a different resolution it may be worth going back to them

suke
Grafter

Ombudsman is a complete and utter waste of time. Whats the point of even asking them to get involved.  They look after the company and not its customers.

My contract is with Plusnet and as such it should be up to them to provide me with a service i can rely on.  I am not really interested whether its Openreachs fault for not sorting it out but that Plusnet should have been doing more to get it sorted.

14 engineer visits.  I wouldn't pay any of them.  I could probably teach monkeys to do a better job