cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

JonT1

Poor service

I joined Plusnet a few months ago having read an article by 'Which' who rated the customer service as one of the best. Previously I was Bt whose poor service I will not discuss because I may have to swear. 

To my frustration after I joined Plusnet I found it was Bt by another name and of course the found the customer service to date as similar. 

Yesterday i I answered an email link to subscribe to BT Sport and on their website was told I would be receiving an email telling me how I could access this service. I never received an email and when I rechecked the website there was a message telling me to phone Plusnet. As usual nearly half an hour passed before I had an answer and was then told by the operator that his computer was playing up but not to worry someone would phone me back in 10 minutes, of course as usual no-owned phoned me. 

TodayI tried the 'chat' portal on their website and guess what it didn't work and even if it had none of the drop down menus covered my issue.

can anyone advise a quick way I can resolve contact issues with Plusnet please?

4 REPLIES 4
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Poor service

Do you have a YouView Box? as BT Sport in its basic inception is delivered by a set top box supplied by PNet in this case

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
JonT1

Thank you for your reply Peter Loftus,

i am using my old BT box which is running free view ?

The off advert said nothing about having to have such equipment?

What I find so frustrating is that you have to wait ages on the phone before they answer and then they say

we will have to ring you back "in about 10 minutes' and then they never do.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I'm not sure what the relevance of a Youview box is either.

I signed up recently to BT sport via Plusnet and use a Chromecast to watch and can also watch online.

JonT1

Hi Browni,

I thought as you did that I could just sign up and chrome cast from the app from my IPad.

I have Plusnet service but operate through my old BT box which ironically has the sport channel on it but of course it will not allow me to sign up to it.

The overall frustration is that Plusnet never contacts me as promised and never explained why I cannot sign up and Chromcast.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.