cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service from plusnet.

Topred

Poor service from plusnet.

Im sorry to say the service i have recieved from plusnet after trying to upgrade to fibre broaband has been very poor. My upgrade date has now been put back 3 times, which i understand is not plusnets fault, but the total lack of any information from them is.  Each time my upgrade has supposed to be completed and nothings happened i have had to chase them to find out why, and even then i have not been given a clear explanation of what is going on.
And now i find i have been charged for fibre i dont have, depite being told on 3 occasions that i wouldnt be charged until i actually have it.
6 REPLIES 6
gjp1974

Re: Poor service from plusnet.

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences.
My current situation is very similar to yours (though not quite as frustrating... yet!)
I was an existing ADSL Plusnet customer and decided back in Feb to upgrade to Unlimited Fibre due to range of issues, not least the fact that I'm going to be doing more working from home this year.
After putting through my online request to upgrade to Fibre Unlimited, I received an email from Plusnet a day or so later to say that my Fibre activation date had been put back from 26th Feb to 4th March. Fair enough, I thought - these things happen. Other customers will have put through their orders before mine, there might have been a slight delay in processing, so I would just have to be patient and wait for my turn.
However, on 26th Feb, I received an email from Plusnet that said that my broadband product change had now completed.
Well, I thought that was a bonus! However, the slight problem was that I had not yet received my new new hub router to start enjoying my new faster broadband. So I phoned Plusnet that morning, got through after 45mins of waiting (yep, you read that right!), and asked if they could indeed send me my new hub router now my new broadband offering was activated. After being given an apology by the adviser on the other end of the phone, this was duly done, and - sure enough - I received the hub a couple of working days later.
After waiting a few days for the due activation date of 4th March to come round (I thought I'd wait until then, despite being told it had completed on the 26th Feb; I was too confused at this point to dare do anything else), I unwrapped the router, set it up as per the instructions in the accompanying guide, switched it on, did a speed test. And my results: 19mbps download / 0.8mbps upload.
Exactly the same as my previous ADSL speeds.
After trying resets of the hub router into the early hours of Saturday morning and retesting the speed time and again, I eventually gave up and decided I would tweet Plusnet the next day to ask if they could double-check that the necessary had been done to ensure that I am definitely able to get Fibre at my address.
The tweeted reply was this: 'It looks like the order is stuck on our suppliers systems. We should have a update by Monday'
(No, I don't see an apology either. A 'sorry' on behalf of their suppliers would have been nice, or anything else remotely sounding like one - especially when Plusnet prides itself on customer service!!)
So I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone (not that that will reduce your level of frustration). I hope you get yours sorted very soon. Pls update us.
Mick1173
Grafter

I had an email on Friday to say i am connected to my new Fibre Broadband but i am still getting the same speeds as i was on the other usual Broadband connection. If things do not improve by Friday i will be phoning the cansellation department and asking for my Mac Code. I went onto Fibre to see if it improve my Xbox live gaming Experiance/problems it is not looking good at the moment.
philr05

Hi
We too have just moved over to plusnet. And although when we moved we had a fault on the line which needed an engineer to come out. This then did not go smoothly we had other issues, however i have to say Plusnet were really helpful on all occasions of making contact with them either by online chat or over the phone. The service we had was a 110% better than our previous provider who was Talk Talk.
SiMania
Grafter

I've been a plusnet customer for nearly 15 years, at 4 different addresses, dial up, ADSL, ADSL max, and now fibre.  My most recent switch was to fibre and I noticed a distinct decrease in the quality of information supplied, it was not concise and I had to speak to customer services to decipher what was actually happening and when my switchover was due.  Everything else was fine but your comms need to be reviewed.
keyholder
Grafter

yeah since i joined Pn 2 years ago - things aint been great but not that bad either tbh.

And since moving to our new address, the updates via text / email from PN have been ok i guess. More so than our last ISP.
My only gripes have been...
1.now with PN the ping has gone up by 15Ms  Cry
2. since moving, I was wrongly placed on the wrong contract, Sold a higher ( 2 year  unlimited fiber max speed contract )  then placed on a 40/2 contract.  Angry - only found out from doing a speedtest and checking speed estimate from PN website.
3. moved into new house removed all Internal wiring in the house to be told by a PN technical team person (  Grin ) that my new connection is fine and removing all the wiring has now stopped my connection working and that a Bt engineer vist would be required at an £80 charge. - YET, there was a fault at the exchange on my line.  Shocked Grin
4. it took 2 engineer vists to get my line working due to, the first engineer ( BTOR guy ) putting me on a data line only ( which banks, cash points , etc use )  i,e no dial tone ( which isnt needed anyway for FTTC )  Roll_eyes  Then i booked another appointment which another BTOR guy had to come and fixs the first guys fault  Roll_eyes  Grin  Plusnet kept me informed and upto date with this one Smiley
And all this trouble with the line from the last owners using Sky,  Why do ISP's find it hard to supply internet when the past supplier was sky
So yeah a few ermm downs, cant really see any ups there.. 
Topred

Ok,  so the poor service continued....
I contacted customer service to say I was being charged for fibre but my order has not completed, they informed me that I would be refunded once my order was complete. Now as I didnt know when it would complete I didnt think it was right that a) i still had to pay for the service and b) I would have to wsit for a refund, the operator on live chat immediatly transferred me to connections , before i even had a chance to start typing he was gone and once again I was on hold,.
I received an email saying an engineer would be calling the 15.03.16,  so naturally booked the day off work. I then recieved an email saying my order would be complete today, so once again on with live chat I asked if My order would not be infact complete until the engineer has been.
Plusnet; your order will be complete on the 11th, you do not need an engineer
Me; but you have emailed me saying an engineer has been booked for the 15th
Plusnet; no, an engineer is not needed
Me; ok so you are confirming that i will have fibre on the 11th and no engineer is needed
Plusnet; sorry, you do need an engineer
Me ; so my order will complete 15th?
Plusnet; no it will complete 11th
Me; what is the engineer coming for then?
Plusnet; sorry, you do not need an engineer
Me; when were you planning to inform me of this
Plusnet; sorry.