cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance. i know it's not me. But how best do I get anyone to listen?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Poor performance. i know it's not me. But how best do I get anyone to listen?

Hi @Tiler9 I'm very sorry that you received a message that states that the fault is resolved. You've confirmed that the issue is still ongoing.

I've had a look into this and this appears to be due to advisor error as I can see that your engineer visit is still booked in for 14/06. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused and I will pass on feedback.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Tiler9
Dabbler

Re: Poor performance. i know it's not me. But how best do I get anyone to listen?

Hi. Unfortiunately, the engineer couldn't make an improvement and said it was down to the distance to the cabinet. I'd like to cancel my contract on the basis that it's not providing the minimum guaranteed speed.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @Tiler9,

I have provided an update via the open fault ticket on your account with further details as I am unable to provide account/fault specific information on the forums.

You can log in and view the ticket HERE

Tiler9
Dabbler

My speed is still not over the minimum guaranteed speed limit. I tried to leave in June after the engineer visit. At the time he made it clear he'd not be able to improve the speed given distance from the cabinet. But this was dismissed in my support ticket (see here) as the router had not been left on long enough. It's now September - and I've left the router on - and I still don't get over 15Mbps.

I'd now like to make a 2nd request to leave Plusnet without penalty. I realise this is not an issue with Plusnet and its simpy the infrastructure you're operating your service over. However, I have a minimum guaranteed speed which is not being met and the only real solution for decent fibre speed is to rewire the road I live on into a cabinet that is closer. This is not going to happen any time soon and I'm not willing to put up with this, so I'm voting with my feet and moving to 4G which is 3-4 times faster for me.

Please advise.

Regards

James

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Hi James

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems still.

I've taken the time to review this and I've added a reply a support ticket on your account you can view and reply to Here.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet