cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor fibre connection

lancej
Dabbler

Poor fibre connection

Hello, would someone be able to take a look at my connection please, this is getting really bad now, i game a lot , and the connection is terrible, it just lags, it also affects watching tv online,it never used to be like this, nothing has changed my end, ive done all the usual stuff rebooting etc etc, makes no difference at all.

Thanks Lance

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Poor fibre connection

Hi Lance,

Line tests aren't showing any problems. Your modem is in sync to the cabinet at a stable speed of 58mbps.

Looking back on your last thread from a couple of years ago here, we've asked you whether you're using a wired or wireless connection. This would help us identify how best to help you.

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lancej
Dabbler

Hi, its wired, so why am i getting such lag? its incredibly bad, no one else i play with gets it(about 6-8 people at the same time)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

When you're getting lag, can you run a traceroute to the gaming server?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lancej
Dabbler

Its the xbox live servers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If you're using a Windows PC, open up the Command Prompt and type tracert followed by the server you're having problems with. From there, we'll be able to see if there's any packet loss etc.

Feel free to either post a screenshot of the results to this thread or send me a PM.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet