cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor fibre broadband speed

G_F

Poor fibre broadband speed

Hi,

I'm guessing this is effectively the support line?

I'm experiencing really poor fibre broadband speeds, around 1/10th of those that I should be expecting account to my line.  I've not tested that much in the past number of weeks, but it appears to be getting a lot worse.

Speed test from http://mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/speedtester/ show that my download speeds are around 5mbps - 7mbps (although have been as low are 3mbps) and uploads around 10mbps - 12 mbps.  My line minimum states 51mbps and I can, at out of hours times get around 47mbps download speed.  I understand that a significant number of people are working at home, but speeds of 3mbps - 7mbps make it impossible to function with 2 people working at home in one house.

I've tried the various troubleshooting recommendations in the support section, but nothing changes.  As I can obtain speeds close to the suggested minimum, it points to capacity not a fault?

I don't know where else to put this technical issue, as there's no Technical Support available according to the call centre. 

Thanks

Graham

2 REPLIES 2
EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Poor fibre broadband speed

Hi @G_F,

Thank you for taking your time to get in touch.

I am very sorry that you are having a problem with our service. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team
G_F

Re: Poor fibre broadband speed

Thank you Ed.  I'll have a look at the fault reporting that you have provided.