Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor connection - any ideas?

benmango
Dabbler

Poor connection - any ideas?

Hi,
I've been on the 38MB fibre for a few months and it's been great - I purposely upgraded to fibre so my gf can watch Netflix at the same time as I use the Internet to play on my PlayStation 4 or even watch Netflix / YouTube.
Anyway it's been fine up until this week. Now if one of us is using the Internet it's really obvious as the line can't seek to cope. This is particularly evident if I'm in an online game as it lags and stutters horrendously. 
Like I said there was no evidence of this last week and before - at all.
Can someone check my connection or suggest ideas for what might be happening please?
Thanks,
Ben
PS I should also point out that a speedtest doesn't show anything inusual - speeds are normal.
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 136

Re: Poor connection - any ideas?

That is a strange situation.
Is this over a wired/wireless connection?
If wireless can you try a wired connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
benmango
Dabbler

Hi,
Sorry for few days delay.
Yes it happens even on wired connection. It's infuriating, is there anything which might explain it re my connection from your end? This is exactly why I got Fibre & yet can't use it how I want.
benmango
Dabbler

Hello?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

There's nothing I can find that could cause these type of problems.
Your line is connected at 80/20 and profiled on our side correctly to 40Mbps. Interleaving is off, so that's not causing any issues either. No errors on the line, very stable too.
I've also checked the usage as sometimes saturating the upload can cause these type of problems, but you're not using enough to cause those type of problems.
I should also point out that a speedtest doesn't show anything inusual - speeds are normal.

Did you try the speedtest while something else was being used on your connection? Such as Netflix etc.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff